Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Negril at christmas for two weeks.....

User Info Menu

Visiting Negril at christmas for two weeks.....

Hi there.....

I have booked to go to Negril for 2 weeks at christmas and new year time...i am going to be staying at the sunrise club....

I have read a fe things on the inter (after id booked), that have worried me a little...

Will i be safe in Negril, as i am going to be a lone traveler??

Is my accomodatin situated in a good spot for thing to see and do??

Any help would be apprciated ...

Thank you in advance

User Info Menu

Re: Visiting Negril at christmas for two weeks.....

Be smart, be safe, don't do things you wouldn't do at home!

I am going to Negril for my third time solo next month. I love it!

I believe sunrise is right across from Bourbon Beach, a major night spot. Pretty much anything on the beach road is walkable. Late night, grab a taxi for convinience. So much to see and do. Negril will be bustling around the holidays!

Use common sense as you would traveling to anywhere!

User Info Menu

Thank you so much .....i had read some bad stiff onthe internet about the place etc...i as worried.....im really just going for rest and relaxation....but would defo be looking into some excursions etc ....yve put my mind at rest tho..so thank you

User Info Menu

What is concerning you? We can give more detailed advice given specific concerns.

It's not to say that Negril hasn't had its problems, or that things don't happen, but for the average tourist, you'll never see that side of the community.

For me, Negril is a great fit. I hope you let yourself relax and enjoy!!! As soon as you are in your car heading to Negril, you can relax and from there, you will be alright!

User Info Menu

garry the sunrise bartender makes the best margarita in negril!
    never stayed at sunrise but ate enough times and checked out their rooms/cottages.
    ask to stay in the back of property, much quieter. front rooms have street noise.
    lovely place with family living right on sight.
    italian owners.
    great food and drink.
    you can park yourself at bar b barn across the road or bourbon for the day. perfect spot, cambio across the road, two stores, times square for shopping.

User Info Menu

I have been going to Negril solo for many years and have never really encountered much trouble. I am careful at night and use a driver I know NOT a route taxi. I go all over and do use route taxis during the day (when it is not a busy time, work, school etc). Just use common sense and you will be fine. Enjoy and go back. LOL
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Thank u for the help and info

User Info Menu

I had read there was problems with prostitution and drugs....also theft....and homophobia......i just want to be sure ill be safe but you have settled my mind..thank you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benjones0161 View Post
    I had read there was problems with prostitution and drugs....also theft....and homophobia......
    Those 4 things are present. The first two will be offered to you. Theft - in what way are you concerned? Don't let anyone into your room, keep valuables locked up or hidden. Don't carry a lot of cash, leave credit cards and ID in your room (hide it if they don't have room safes). Homophobia, don't do anything out of God's created order in public, nor be known for it.

User Info Menu

Ok thank you for that