Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royalton Hotel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Royalton Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    Well with all the expansion I question the sewage plant handling it.Think about 700 toilets flushing and showers.I want to swim in brown water said no one ever.I can't see the water shortage improving on the west end either.Having travelled to Negril for decades and watching it grow I don't believe the infrastructure has kept up with the growth.Just my humble opinion,
    This exact topic was discussed at length, oddly enough it was last May. Here is what I wrote last May...

"The Negril Water Treatment plant is not overloaded as of the article dated June 2014:

"The NWC has recently completed comprehensive sewerage systems for Ocho Rios (St. Ann) and Negril (Westmoreland) to meet the increasing need for sewerage services in these areas. Similarly, the Montego Bay system in St. James has been upgraded and expanded to meet the long-term requirements for sewerage in the second city."

"Regarding media articles the NWC has been berated for “inadequate management of its sewerage portfolio” without acknowledging the positive performances of the Commission in locations where the evidence speaks for itself. We are sure that the citizens of Montego Bay, Negril , Ocho Rios and Greater Portmore in particular, are gratified at the contribution made by the Commission in the improvement of their community. It is most unfortunate that the said reports do not take note of the more than $3 billion recently spent on sewerage systems in these areas, representing the single largest sum of money ever spent at any one time on sewerage infrastructure in Jamaica’s history."

http://www.nwcjamaica.com/SEWRAGE_TREATMENTPLANT.asp

The last upgrade was completed in 2012. There is a new upgrade being done at present and Dr. Wykeham McNeil is concerned that it will not make the December 2015 deadline. The hotel construction being proposed will not be done until late 2016 if it meets its deadline.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...r-sewage-plant"
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob for your input was hoping to hear from you.Do you think the water shortage will improve also ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    Thanks Rob for your input was hoping to hear from you.Do you think the water shortage will improve also ?
    The water problems have been caused by the Logwood plant, which is supplied by two water sources, as of today is being supplied by only one. Until we get a bit more rain and the second source is replenished, I cant see much changing. But we have been getting rain lately so we look for things to improve soon.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!