Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Med Evac failure and death

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Re: Med Evac failure and death

The family is upset with Jamaica however, the man had very serious medical conditions including a recent amputation, no 'travel emergency medical insurance with evacuation', and by default left all responsibility on his family to help him from a distance, under pressure, dealing with an unfamiliar medical environment. He alone is responsible for the outcome. Sadly and wrongly, Jamaica will be blamed and get the negative press.

Note that patients are NOT evacuated during a worsening medical crisis:

"What I discovered is that much more than private jet flight is involved. .... —there are lots of logistics involved. The air evacuation company’s staff is involved with every step along the way, consulting with medical personnel at both ends, confirming that you are stable, and assisting with the complex logistics involved in international border crossings of this kind." http://www.mexperience.com/medical-a...n-from-mexico/

I have emergency medical coverage including evacuation and I carry that card with me EVERY time I leave my abode in Jamaica, to make it easier for anyone who comes to my aid in an emergency.
    Last edited by Lola; 05-23-2016 at 07:26 PM.