Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather

User Info Menu

Weather

I'm visiting Negril starting on Sunday. I have never been to Jamaica and the weather has me concerned. It looks like rain most days for long periods of the one. Is this true? Or does it rain for short periods of time. I just want some sunshine! Thanks for any info.

User Info Menu

Re: Weather

It "usually" rains once a day for an hour or so. I call it nap time.

User Info Menu

I doubt you saw anywhere that it said rain for "long periods of time". The summer forecast will typically show a daily chance of showers. They roll in usually in the afternoon and clear up before sunset. The majority of our trips have been during the summer rain season. It about 7 trips we have only saw two days in which I would call it a long period of rain. Those were actually some really fun days as everyone finds things to do until it quits.

Rain is part of a tropical climate and will not ruin a Negril vacation.

User Info Menu

Rain is part of a tropical climate and will not ruin a Negril vacation<< Liquid sunshine mon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    I doubt you saw anywhere that it said rain for "long periods of time". The summer forecast will typically show a daily chance of showers. They roll in usually in the afternoon and clear up before sunset. The majority of our trips have been during the summer rain season. It about 7 trips we have only saw two days in which I would call it a long period of rain. Those were actually some really fun days as everyone finds things to do until it quits.

Rain is part of a tropical climate and will not ruin a Negril vacation.
    I'm just looking on the weather channel and daily hour by hour it has shown thunderstorms between 11am to sunset. That's all I meant. Just reading the pictures which probably isn't always accurate. Thanks for the response.

User Info Menu

Hey listen to RonMon, a little rain is not a bad thing.
    Of all the places to be when it rains, Jamaica is the place to be.
    So many lively people and places.

Characters just come out of the woodwork.

If it starts to rain, chill.
    See if it will be a short and light rain or
    short and heavy rain.

Once I stood out in a nice little mild rain for 10 minutes, chatting with a local.
    He said "rain is a blessing.
    It was light, a few drops here and there hit me.
    But, I was wearing swimming trunks. It was wonderful!

Most folks congregate under some cover and keep on partying
    and eating and dancing and laughing the day away!

Get to know your neighbor, have a cocktail or 2.
    Music is always going on pon de Rock.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Bob famously said.....Some people feel the rain and others just get wet

User Info Menu

Rain makes things grow!!!! It's part of being in the tropics. Embrace it, don't be discouraged by it. Trust me, the sun is so hot this time of year, you'll appreciate it when it does rain...

User Info Menu

We had some thunderstorms yesterday, but today the weather is awesome. Expect the same!

User Info Menu

sitting through hurricane Dennis and Emily was one of the best times of my life lol