Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Medical Care alternatives?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Medical Care alternatives?

Nurse Marcia,

Thank you for the information. And a personal thanks to you for making this happen. We are glad we could play our small part in making this a reality.

Two other hotels that have defibrillators are the Charela Inn and Seastar Inn. I know that there are a couple other properties that took advantage of the government training and certification program as Seastar Inn did when the program started a few years back, but I cannot remember which ones. If this is a critical factor for you, please contact the hotel and make sure the property has one on site.

Another option is Comforts of Home. Nurse Beth has a 24 hour on-call service and will come to your hotel with her AED as well as other medical essentials. The website can be found in our Market section:

Name:  IMG_5813.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  76.0 KB

Currently the government does not provide training "on demand", but will provide certification if a property has done the proper training.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Please know that you have someone to call 24/7 during your Negril stay. Please see my website and know that I will provide triage nursing services, collaborate with physicians and/or get an ambulance if need be! You may contact me through my website link and email questions, enter travel dates/allergies and where you are staying! This is my third season and I do my best to work the beachroad/cliff strip to be there for you! Nurse Beth

Comforts of Home Nursing Services Limited
    www.j.mp/comfortsJA
    876-464-28794

User Info Menu

May I just say BOOM This is what I have expressed for the last four years......it is an accident and emergency center, 4-6 bed Dr oncall and nurse onsite with others oncall if needed. For now, I went ahead and created this company and got my own work permit until we can get it together!!! I have worked in nursing administration for the last decade in 650 bed hospital with helicopters flying in 24 hours....it is all about assess, stabilize and treat or transfer! I have brought parties together, went to meetings and certainly do not have the land or cash to do this myself....so I roll on my own trying to help as I can. Please, this is a topic I NEVER tire of....and I continue to link with other services/ambulances to make sure we have help. Every night is different, depends on the rigs up and running and what is going on with you...that makes our plan of action What you need to know is CALL ASAP when you feel you need help. Time is precious and everything takes time but I will do my best to get to you as soon as I can. I get many calls during the day due to the physicians running the clinic....it is all about TIME.
    Nurse Beth

www.j.mp/comfortsJA

User Info Menu

I just wanted to add that when we were there mid November, we needed to call Beth for a minor medical problem. This happened to be on a Sunday. Beth (Comforts of Home Nursing) arrived at our hotel within a half hour and assessed the situation and consulted a few times with a doctor. She then called the pharmacy and had some medication delivered to our hotel. Assessed and medication DELIVERED within an hour and a half! Now that is service. Beth is very professional and I will continue to have her number handy whenever we are in Negril. I would even say that if there was an extreme emergency and someone in our group had to be transported to the hospital, I would definitely want Beth along to advocate for me. She really knows the runnings of the medical industry there. Thanks Beth for this great service that is much needed.

User Info Menu

Well thank you! I do my best to be there to facilitate your immediate needs. It is a challenge day and night with physicians running clinic with different hours daily and we never know what is up and running on any given day. It has been a busy season already so I hope people will let me know where they are staying on their visit. It is important for any locals/residents to connect also. It is very difficult at night to try to get directions/ health information in a crisis, but to properly assess and treat it is essential. Your information is always confidential. My plan of care fluctuates on what is available at the time. I will always consult, refer to a higher level of care or advise transport if that is what you need! Nurse Beth