Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Spring Break advice

User Info Menu

Spring Break advice

Hi everyone...my husbands nephew and three friends want to spend next Spring Break in Negril. They are good kids that will not get wild and crazy drunk and trash the place. They are interested in Jamaica as I'm Jamaican and we are very close. They love when i introduce them to Jamaican food, and my sister in law and husband spent their honeymoon in Jamaica (Runaway Bay back in the day ) and they agree no other Caribbean island has Jamaica's vibe and amazing people as well as natural beauty. Where would you recommend they stay (AI and non AI)? Also would like the name of a safe, reliable and trusted driver to do some sightseeing. Can anyone recommend? Also, what are your top picks for sightseeing? All input is welcome. Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Re: Spring Break advice

I think Fun Holiday runs a spring break AI. I wouldn't recommend any of the big AI's. Treehouse is an option also as Gail runs social living and Groupon specials. Not AI but it does include breakfast & airport transfer.

User Info Menu

Negril has a "spring break"?????? Maybe long time ago.

User Info Menu

Double check on airport transfers at Treehouse as they haven't been included lately.
    I do think treehouse would be good for them because breakfast is included and it's nice to not have to think about what to do first thing int he AM. Also Margaritaville is right there and while it's not always packed, you can see when the catamarans pull up if you want to check out some action. That and Ricks are going to be the only places busy during the day. Maybe some action down in front of Alfreds. Someone that stays down that end will have to chime in to confirm.

User Info Menu

I second treehouse or any beach hotel that offers a breakfast. Lunch and dinners there is so many options out and about.
    There are many good transfer companies I'm sure. We have used cross Jamaica and Owen and he is great and would take good care of your young travellers. Will provide them a phone and always be available when needed.
    Owen has deservedly earned our repeat business and he is good people.
    Ken, wpg.

User Info Menu

I would agree with the advice to use Owen with Cross Jamaica Tours. Very reasonable rates for a high quality driver. I used him extensively last year and have him booked again this year. Great guy and %100 reliable and trustworthy.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for your advice!

User Info Menu

don't forget Traveler's

User Info Menu

oh and i have a son that age --- in truth i'd be sending him to Treasure Beach or the Blue Mountains

User Info Menu

steve positive is excellent