Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scotiabank atm question

User Info Menu

Re: Scotiabank atm question

Thanks everyone... It is not my preference to use the ATM at all, but it's just the way it worked out this time. I appreciate all of your insights. Time Square is closer to my hotel, but I might look into the NCB if it's giving better rates. I'll look around when I arrive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Thanks everyone... It is not my preference to use the ATM at all, but it's just the way it worked out this time. I appreciate all of your insights. Time Square is closer to my hotel, but I might look into the NCB if it's giving better rates. I'll look around when I arrive.
    The rate difference is negligible, especially once you factor in travel expense. Time Square is a great spot to grab some cash with zero hassle. They also have ice cream there!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    The rate difference is negligible, especially once you factor in travel expense. Time Square is a great spot to grab some cash with zero hassle. They also have ice cream there!
    Thanks booger!!!! We seem to be on the same wavelength most often and I appreciate your thoughts! Seems like time square is as good a place as any. I've never actually been there to look around so it will be a dual purpose adventure... And I do love ice cream!

User Info Menu

darling...just figure it's one less Red Stripe...lol....no worries !

User Info Menu

I would tend to agree with booger. When I'm on the beach, I hit up Scotia/Time Square. On the cliffs, I go to NCB/Sunshine Plaza. It's also pretty convenient to pair-up the NCB ATM with a trip to HiLo.

Nowadays, my last choice is the actual ScotiaBank at the roundabout. Sometimes, there is just too much hassle.

Side Story: One time I grabbed a taxi on the West End to hit the ATM at the ScotiaBank and I asked the taxi driver to wait for me. After I left the ATM and got back in the taxi, the driver backed-up and knocked over someone's motorcycle. As the driver got out of the car to deal with the bike owner, the hustlers came out of the woodwork and swarmed around me as I sat in the taxi. They were all telling me to give them some money because "my driver hit their buddy's bike". When I said that I had no money, they laughed and said that they just saw me walk away from the money machine. I couldn't walk away, because I was waiting for my driver to finish dealing with the bike owner and take me back to my hotel (he ended up taking a broken trim piece with him, and said he was going to replace it for the guy). It was just some hassle that I didn't need to deal with.

User Info Menu

The Sagicor ATM next to the Cambio (next to Scotia iron fence/gate) is large enough for a family to enter, good a/c, and hardly anyone uses it.