Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BEST ATM in Jamaica ? ?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Re: The BEST ATM in Jamaica ? ?

Now that's a progressive agenda!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

I am confoosed...
    Do you need a medical marijuana permit or is it legal for anyone to possess up to 2 oz.?
    If you have a card - can you use it openly?
    I understand that in the past, (some) discretion was necessary - for example you couldn't indulge just anywhere, that certain spots were more amenable than others and that the police sometimes cracked down on tourists.
    With the changes in the law- what is the current etiquette/legality for ganga?

User Info Menu

When i as in Negril in April ganja was being sold and consumed openly pretty much anywhere and everywhere. Locals who sell it didnt seem to be hiding it like they used to and were just walking around with buds in their hands and not stashed in a black plastic bag like they used to. Every Jamaican that i asked about the new ganja laws told me that you could have in your possesion 2 ounces plus a spliff and if you were caught you could pay a $5 fine.Dont and think the police in Negril could be bothered trying to bust the ganja smokers when there is so much more serious issues they need to be dealing with and i think its about time. Some establishments have no ganja smoking signs up but at all the shows we went to it was being smoked openly by locals as well as tourists.

User Info Menu

That would be the WORST atm in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Was there in April, hadn't been in a year. Big difference. As has been said, no more black baggies, and guys just walking up and down the beach with foot long stems with buds on them. It's a lot more in the open. Bars with signs selling cakes, cookies, oils, kush kandy, etc. There's a "Wake and Bake Cafe" on the cliffs now, offering ganja popcorn, among other things. I saw at least one sign somewhere that their intention was to get a ganja license at the next hearing in Kingston.

I don't see why you would need a card... a lot would have to change to make the card necessary... If they couldn't control the sale of ganja when it was illegal, what makes them think they can control it now? Are the tax revenues they will gain greater than the effort needed to eradicate the street dealers so that people will obtain that card (at what cost?) and then use it in "approved" stores? (paying how much for cannabis?)

My biggest potential concerns... First I have to obtain the card, identify myself, (and who will they share the fact that I obtained a JA cannabis card?) and I'm sure there will be some sort of fee attached. Then, when it comes time to buy ganja, if I have to buy it from approved stores, what's that gonna cost? After coming for years, I have certain connections I've used over and over. While I know better than to think I'm paying what a local would, I get a lot for my money. Without getting into costs and weight, I can smoke non-stop my trip and it doesn't put even a small dent in my budget. When I travel to Amsterdam on the other hand, I have to manage my money very carefully, as you can walk into a coffeeshop and very quickly spend $20 or $30 on a gram or two of ganja and a cup of coffee. Hit 6 or more coffeeshops in a day, it really adds up. Is my ganja budget going to need to be larger than my beer budget?

User Info Menu

I just pick Zion Hill home grown and smoke at home. Five plants per domicile and we got some domiciles!

Don't smoke or drink when I drive either.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind & Linston; 06-22-2016 at 04:50 PM.

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    Was there in April, hadn't been in a year. Big difference. As has been said, no more black baggies, and guys just walking up and down the beach with foot long stems with buds on them. It's a lot more in the open. Bars with signs selling cakes, cookies, oils, kush kandy, etc. There's a "Wake and Bake Cafe" on the cliffs now, offering ganja popcorn, among other things. I saw at least one sign somewhere that their intention was to get a ganja license at the next hearing in Kingston.

I don't see why you would need a card... a lot would have to change to make the card necessary... If they couldn't control the sale of ganja when it was illegal, what makes them think they can control it now? Are the tax revenues they will gain greater than the effort needed to eradicate the street dealers so that people will obtain that card (at what cost?) and then use it in "approved" stores? (paying how much for cannabis?)

My biggest potential concerns... First I have to obtain the card, identify myself, (and who will they share the fact that I obtained a JA cannabis card?) and I'm sure there will be some sort of fee attached. Then, when it comes time to buy ganja, if I have to buy it from approved stores, what's that gonna cost? After coming for years, I have certain connections I've used over and over. While I know better than to think I'm paying what a local would, I get a lot for my money. Without getting into costs and weight, I can smoke non-stop my trip and it doesn't put even a small dent in my budget. When I travel to Amsterdam on the other hand, I have to manage my money very carefully, as you can walk into a coffeeshop and very quickly spend $20 or $30 on a gram or two of ganja and a cup of coffee. Hit 6 or more coffeeshops in a day, it really adds up. Is my ganja budget going to need to be larger than my beer budget?
    You will pay those prices in the Dam if you hit the places in Centrum. Walk 5 minutes farther and you will find 10-15 euro grams all day long. And the swag in Negril does not come close to the manicured buds you can get in the Dam. I will take quality over quantity any day and twice on Sunday. The best you can find in Jamaica, in my vast experience is mid grade and you need to know where to look. I am quite happy that the dispensary opened up as the dabs are pretty solid. With the changes in the laws we should hopefully start seeing some better quality rolling in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind & Linston View Post
    I just pick Zion Hill home grown and smoke at home. Five plants per domicile and we got some domiciles!

Don't smoke or drink when I drive either.

Cap
    Please feel free to share....... If it is any good. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    You will pay those prices in the Dam if you hit the places in Centrum. Walk 5 minutes farther and you will find 10-15 euro grams all day long. And the swag in Negril does not come close to the manicured buds you can get in the Dam. I will take quality over quantity any day and twice on Sunday. The best you can find in Jamaica, in my vast experience is mid grade and you need to know where to look. I am quite happy that the dispensary opened up as the dabs are pretty solid. With the changes in the laws we should hopefully start seeing some better quality rolling in.
    We usually stay well outside the center, and I know better than to hit the tourist traps when in Amsterdam. Even knowing where to go, it adds up, quickly. Last visit was 16 days, I'd be embarrassed to admit what I spent in coffeeshops.

But what's this about a dispensary and dabs? Are we talking about in Negril? Info, please!