Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad and lonely at the airport!

User Info Menu

Re: Sad and lonely at the airport!

Quote Originally Posted by cleome View Post
    How did you like Fun Holiday? Did you do the all inclusive? Would you recommend bringing your own towels? Did they supply enough towels for your room?
    HI!

Fun Holiday was in a good location. I frequented Woodstock for lunch, dinner, and dominoes several times. Also, Roots Bamboo is right there, and alfred's not too far away. Bourbon, a bit further but not terrible.

My complaint is that the walls were a bit thin on one side and I literally heard everything my neighbors said and did, and I'm sure they heard me, although I'm pretty quiet and easy going as a solo traveler. I'm not sure I would have noticed on a normal 7 night trip because I am hardly in my room during a one week stay, but for a longer 10 night stay, and with some rainy afternoons, and I got sick one day, I was in my room much more than usual.

I did not do the all inclusive. I had a few drinks there one night early on before I went to the shop for my own vodka and ting. I tipped the bartenders for ice. They were very accommodating. I also asked if I could get water from the water and juice dispenser, and it was no problem.

I brought one beach towel and one wash cloth. I ended up using the washcloth daily, and the towel acted as a blanket. If I was swimming, I just walked around until I dried off, or went right to my room and changed, so I never really used a beach towel, but that's kind of how I roll anyway. There were two bath towels to start and were changed out when I needed fresh ones.

I decided not to bring hangers for the closet, and I only had three in my room. I am certain I could have asked for more, but it worked out ok. I'd probably pack my own next time, just to ensure I have what I would like.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel for a good rate. I was most disappointed in the thin walls, but that is a pet peeve of mine. I personally would never do the all inclusive here, there are just too many options nearby for meals and I prefer to buy my own alcohol and make my own drinks. I both walked and used taxis to get around during the heat of the day. I will only use taxis after sunset to get more than two or three properties down anymore.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Anxiously awaiting a trip report!
    I'm working on it but with no pictures, I'm not sure anyone will want to read it!!!!! I never take time to take pictures, somehow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    I'm working on it but with no pictures, I'm not sure anyone will want to read it!!!!! I never take time to take pictures, somehow!
    Would love to give it a read. Also would like to know the overall noise level there at night with Roots right there. Lots of road noise my last reach (Cliffs area), would like a quieter place.

Thanks

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Would love to give it a read. Also would like to know the overall noise level there at night with Roots right there. Lots of road noise my last reach (Cliffs area), would like a quieter place.

Thanks

~Moose
    I never heard any road noise. I was in room D24. Second floor of the building on the pool side of the resort, if you bisect it down the middle walk way, fourth room from the end of the building nearest the pool. On one occasion I did hear the music from roots, I think the night I was sick, a Sunday night. I also went to bed early a few nights and heard the dj at the resort, but I'd guess that's over with by around 9:30. To me, the noise from my neighbors was more of an inconvenience than any other noise I heard during my stay. It seems that the rooms might have been suites or double bedrooms and they put up walls to separate them into singe rooms. There was a connecting door that was locked, and my bureau was "blocking" the doorway. Security and safety were never an issue, just the noise. Their tv, their phone calls, their conversations... I heard it all. It wouldn't have been so bad if it were someone I knew, but seriously, my biggest pet peeve is hearing other people when I'm in my room. The Hilton at the Boston Airport is really bad!!! I never heard my neighbors at Grand Pineapple in the garden manor building- I really wish they would do a hotel only option. And the Hilton Garden Inn at Charlotte airport is an excellent overnight for the CLT airport. I never heard a thing there.
    For next April, I've reserved a cabin room at Yellow Bird. I'm hoping some friends of mine will be able to take the other room in the cabin, seens how they share a common space, but like I said, on short stays, I'm hardly home anyway. I'm hoping Yellow Bird will be a good spot for a longer stay next summer so I'm checking it out in April.