Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Club MoBay

User Info Menu

Opinions on Club MoBay

We will be flying into Montego Bay next Tuesday around noon and I was wondering if the Club MoBay is worth the cost or not as this is our first time to Jamaica. All opinions welcome.

User Info Menu

Re: Opinions on Club MoBay

Shellbell, between 11:30am and 12:30 pm there are five flights expected to land in Montego Bay on Tuesday. Don't know how many passengers will be on those flights??

I would suggest you skip Club Mo Bay on arrival and book it for departure, that way if your departure flight is delayed you are enjoying the accommodations of the lounge.

Last June 2015 we arrived around noon on a Sunday and the immigration hall was full. Instead of Club Mo Bay we used the Immigration Kiosks (everyone in your party must be at least 18 years old). The Kiosks were located on the left side of the immigration hall last year.

The couple in front of us used Club Mo Bay on arrival. We were able to clear immigration before the Club Mo Bay couple.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

We don't use Club Mobay for arrival as we don't want to hang out at the airport, we want to get to Negril and start the fun.We absolutely love using it for departures so we can unwind for a couple hours before our flight back to reality.Nice cold drinks and some tasty foods and just chilling is the way we like to leave the island.

User Info Menu

We used once and won't do it again. We use that time to buy spices, run creme, coffee, etc in the airport shops.

We are having too much fun in Negril to do that during the week.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

We had a large group of 12 use Club Mobay for departure only last November. The guys enjoyed the lounge and the big screen tv, as they were ready to just kick back and relax. The girls used the time to shop upstairs. The complimentary food and drinks were very good, service was excellent. It was very dark and basement-like though, which I didn't care for.

User Info Menu

I didn't think the departure was worth it. I wasn't a big fan of the food and we only had enough time for 1 drink our last two trips. It was also VERY crowded and not relaxing in my opinion. If you fly Southwest the terminal is not close by. The arrival however was worth it. We bypassed tons of people and flew through. We don't stay long for food etc. but they will fill a to go container with rum punch (which I thought was strong!) or whatever you like for you to take with you. We use it to get out of the airport as fast as possible.

One more thing - last trip our driver ended up being a no-show and the Club Mobay staff were extremely helpful with this unfortunate incident.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

To me, this is just my humble opinion,but there is nothing more disconcerting than walking down that last ramp at Sangster and seeing a "sea" of tourists in line at immigration. OK, sometimes there are no lines. To me, Club Mobay is like insurance, a bet that you WILL see a "sea" of tourists and then be hustled through immigration and customs. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Started subscribing to it 3 years ago, now, would not leave for Jamaica without it.

User Info Menu

I suppose for 30 bucks you could treat it as your last JA buffet with booze included. The getting through customs on departure may be worth the money, by itself.

Probably not for me...
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

My husband and I love using it when departing. I think the cost is less then what you would spend on lunch and drinks at the food places in the airport. I used it once on arrival but only because we were waiting for friends coming in on a later flight.

User Info Menu

The only time I wish I had purchased Club Mobay, was when we departed on a Saturday afternoon during the peak season. On that day, the line to get into the security hall stretched the entire length of the airline check-in counters. I was seriously worried about missing our flight, even though we arrived 2 hours early!

Otherwise, we typically don't encounter long lines at immigration upon arrival and departure typically isn't too bad. However, We usually make it a point to travel on weekdays (preferably Wednesday) as the airfare is is generally cheaper and the airport is less crowded.