Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Club MoBay

User Info Menu

Re: Opinions on Club MoBay

Wednesday is a great day to travel to/from JA....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Travel days are almost always stressful even in the best of circumstances. Anything that makes things a little smoother is worth every penny. Nothing like that feeling of having someone waiting just for you. And we get to the airport early for departure so we can relax and enjoy.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenBeeotch View Post
    If you fly Southwest the terminal is not close by. The arrival however was worth it. We bypassed tons of people and flew through. We don't stay long for food etc. but they will fill a to go container with rum punch (which I thought was strong!) We use it to get out of the airport as fast as possible.
    Yup I agree! My first time to Club MoBay I almost missed my flight because I didn't know the terminal was on the opposite side of Club Mobay so I was trucking thru the airport with luggage and drink in hand made it in a nick of time! lol...So departure doesn't work for me since I usually only have time for 1 or 2 drinks which is a struggle since I've been drinking for the last pass days...Love Arrival though!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

You are probably more confused after reading all the different opinions here. As Papa Georgia stated, it is like insurance against having a bad arrival and/or departure experience. We used their service the last two trips and will definitely do it again.

Even with a smaller crowd at arrival, the service is worth it to us. Zipping right through Immigration and Customs, nice comfortable lounge with cold drinks, nice sandwiches/snacks, great service, free local newspapers, warm moist towels handed out for a quick refresh, toll free phone calls if you need to contact someone (your driver, others in your traveling party, back home etc...) Especially appreciated were the clean, comfortable, private restrooms after a long flight. Sit down, relax, have cold one or three, have a snack or sandwich, rearrange travel documents, carry-on etc...., change clothes to island wear, and grab a cold traveler for the ride.

On the departure side, by-passing the Security lines wait can save your entire day. In April there were two lounges. The original which is down stairs with no views but is nicely decorated. The newer one is on the main floor and very bright and airy. It looks out over the main runway with the ocean behind. The food and drinks are top shelf. The menu changes over the course of the day so watch for fresh options during your stay. Our last visit they started with small sandwiches and snacks. After a while they were replaced with sushi options. Drinks were cold and non-stop. You can still go out and shop in the terminal and come right back in for round two in the lounge. Big screen TVs, local and international newspapers round out the entertainment.

User Info Menu

This has been discussed many times, and I think it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. Do you find air travel stressful? If so, the extra service may be worth it to you. Would waiting for an extra 20 minutes in line ruin your day? Ditto. Personally, we drink very little, so free drinks are of no interest to us, and in our 8 trips to Jamaica during peak season we've only found the lines long enough to be troublesome once on arrival and once on departure. The immigration kiosks seem to us to have significantly improved the arrival experience. So the service is not worth it (anything, really) to us. When we travel, our airline credit cards give us access to various airport lounges, and we've never used them, either; they're just not of much interest to us.
    Last edited by wrtiii; 07-20-2016 at 11:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Having lunch at the airport is about 30$ anyway if you have a couple of beers with it..spend about the same on Mobay..save on the security lines..and get lots of options for food and drinks..

User Info Menu

We use it on arrival and always will. The "worth it" question is highly personal. Its worth $100 bucks to me to be led thru the lines and have a place to freshen up with a beer or a quick sandwich while the taxi gets ready for us. My GF freezes on flights so she likes having a nice clear area to change into her "Negril" clothes. I like having a sandwich and a couple RS while she does that. Its also nice that the Mobay folks hail your cab for you and let you know when it is actually at the curb and then get to straight to it.

In FEB we were delayed in FL for over three hours as MBJ had shut down all incoming flights. Of course it was opened up all at once and when we landed the customs line was well up the ramp. It was over double what we had ever seen even on busy days. I would guess at least a two hour wait to get processed. That $100 was well spent at that point!

I tell everyone if $100 is worth the convenience then just consider it a bonus if the line is crazy. $100 is worth just the little extra details and if it saves time all the better.

User Info Menu

Love Club Mobay! But - just left JA yesterday and did Club Mobay on our way out. Asked for rum cream on ice and the reply was "No rum cream. We have Baileys." Seriously...........

User Info Menu

Club Mobay is worth every penny in my opinion for both arrival and departure. It reduces my stress on travel days.

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever used the Club Mobay service and flew in and out on Southwest. I thought I read that the terminal that Club Mobay is in is quite a haul from Southwest gates??
    Thanks in advance
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know