Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New Years in Negril 2017

User Info Menu

New Years in Negril 2017

A few days ago I impulse bought airline tickets for the wife and I to spend 7 days in Negril - New Years is right in the middle of it.

Not sure where we are staying. We have called Travellers our home the last few stays, and have also repeat stayed at Tree House, but both are fully booked.

Home Sweet Home is open and we are getting a good rate. The manager attended our wedding as a date, and is now a friend. I don't know if I can handle 7 straight days on the cliffs though. I get bored quickly.

Any recommendations on the beach that would cost 150 or less for the first few nights that I may have overlooked?
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 07-14-2016 at 07:47 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: New Years in Negril 2017

HSH may not be a bad option if you have to stay there for a full 7 nights. It's in a dense part of the cliffs, so if you get bored there is always something going on within steps of the hotel (e.g. Connie's, PeeWee's, No Limit, and the new pool hall right across the street). If you want to head down to the beach, it's not a bad walk or you can just hit-up Godwin or Chris for a ride. We've stayed at HSH 3 times and like that it can be peaceful on the property, but there is plenty of excitement out on the road. They've made a lot of improvements there recently and, as you know, Tina is a great host.

I'm mostly a cliff dweller, so I can't speak too much about beach resorts, but maybe you can try some of the hotels that have more capacity. I'm thinking Rondel, Rayon or White Sands, have a lot of rooms and should be in your price range. I'm surprised Travellers and Tree House booked up already, but I guess the holiday week is popular time to travel.

User Info Menu

Negril Beach Club Condos - Book through Jean gaynair@cwjamaica.com

User Info Menu

A quick check shows YellowBird, Roots and the former Sunset on the Beach(now CoralSeasBeachResort) all available and all under $100/night 12/29=1/4....Travellers shows availability, albeit at $160/night...plenty of cliff properties available at under $100/night as well....Palms is $125/night.....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

bar b barn, sunrise club right across the road . . .

User Info Menu

Firefly has a few rooms available also check with Rayon

User Info Menu

I jumped on Travellers for the first several nights. Going to HSH for the balance of the trip.

Cant wait. Stayed at Bourbon Beach when Kevin was running it a few years ago for NYE. He had the Mighty Diamonds and Bunny Wailer 2 of the nights we were there. Had an awesome NYE party and dinner which he comped for us. May he RIP, he was such a good guy.

User Info Menu

HSH is a great value. Very small property, but very safe. Clean pool. Easy entry into the ocean. They used to have a party raft anchored 50 yards off the cliffs, don't know if they still do. The food used to be fantastic, but I have not eaten there since the old chef left. Security is good. I heard the former owner has taken it back over and the Taylors aren't involved in the property anymore...
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    I heard the former owner has taken it back over and the Taylors aren't involved in the property anymore...
    Yup. The Taylors had a 1 year trial ownership and now the property is back in the hands of Charlie, who has owned it for over 30 years. In addition to the improvements that the Taylors made, Charlie has continued the progress. Lots of upgrades in the past year and the property looks great. Check out their Facebook page.

Flip, Travelers and HSH is great split stay. I think you and the wife will enjoy it.