Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to eat on West End tonight...

User Info Menu

Re: Where to eat on West End tonight...

For traditional Jamaican food, there is a cook shop next to the German bar that is very reasonable and good. (Across the street from Mi Yard.) Speaking of Mi Yard, it was the only place could get a really good breakfast really early. Get there at 6am and you can watch the fishermen get ready for the day...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mike View Post
    For traditional Jamaican food, there is a cook shop next to the German bar that is very reasonable and good. (Across the street from Mi Yard.) Speaking of Mi Yard, it was the only place could get a really good breakfast really early. Get there at 6am and you can watch the fishermen get ready for the day...
    That's what I'm talking about. Now that's my breakfast time!!!! I wish I had known this last trip. While I loved Peewee's, it didn't open until 8am, and by that time, starvation is almost imminent, lol.
    ;(

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    So, it was the old Royal Kitchen spot? Tell me more - sounds like a place I need to check out on my next trip!
    Errol re-opened a year or so behind, the old one. His food is equally as good but it is easy to miss. I love Errol and have known him from the old days of the original Royal. A dear rasta and friend fi sure. In Jan, I kept telling him he needed a bigger sign with a large arrow..LOL...because so many folks love his ital food, as well as his delightful company. Hopefully, more folks will make the effort. He still helps care for his rasta friend Red..who most folks that frequent the West End know. Red is the elder Rasta that will always have a place in my heart....along with Errol. Red was spoken of in Roskind's book Rasta Heart and his picture is in the book Yes Rasta..Photographs by Patrick Cariou. This book is a stunning collection in black and white of rasta's. The two I recognized were Red and also one of Ras Rody. Truly a collection of beauty and nature. I picked one up used and lucked out big-time. Worth checking out if you appreciate photography.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]