Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: famous Vncent, mayfield or y.s falls

User Info Menu

famous Vncent, mayfield or y.s falls

planing a family trip with our 17 and 20 year old daughters. while we like to hang out would like to spend a couple days doing something. we are long term Negril visitors. we did the swim with dolphins when the kid were younger and went out with famous Vincent once which we hope to do again. anyone know if famous Vincent still active? have not heard his name mentioned in quite a while?
    wondering which of mayfield or y.s. falls would be more enjoyable for us?
    anyone ever charter a plane and do a day trip? just looking for ideas. now having retired looking for a bit more adventure.

User Info Menu

Re: famous Vncent, mayfield or y.s falls

I've never been to Mayfield falls but have been to YS falls a couple times. I would recommend checking it out. They have a zip line, the falls are much better than Dunns river, and the pool is nice to just relax in and chill.

User Info Menu

A friend that went to Mayfield Falls with me also later on went to YS and Dunns River Falls and told me that he liked YS the best out of the three.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Why not go to a local swimming hole? Great way to spend the day staying cool without spending any money. (Besides taxi) Two of my favorites near Negril are Venture river and Roaring River. Any competent taxi driver will know where they are. Note: if going to Roaring River, go left at the fork just before town to go to the swimming hole. (It's a gravel road)

User Info Menu

I also recommend Owen with Cross Jamaica Tours. Safest driver you will find, in more ways than one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    anyone know if famous Vincent still active? have not heard his name mentioned in quite a while?
    As of this past spring, Vincent was still in business. However, sometimes you will find his son captaining the boat. Still a great time, from what I hear.

User Info Menu

thanks for the famous vincent update.
    not Familiar with venture or roaring river . how far a trip from town?

User Info Menu

Roaring is closer than any of the falls you mentioned....actually very close but don't hear of people going there much anymore. Use to be hassled a lot while there, but the caves and surrounding areas are beautiful.

to me YS is a falls you look at to enjoy, yes you can get in it but you don't really climb the falls or do that much walking...there is also a rope that you swing out and drop into the falls. They have zip lining and a nice pool area and picnic grounds to enjoy. Mayfield you are actually walking in the river. You can easily combine YS with Black River Safari which my teenage daughter really enjoyed.

User Info Menu

I just got back from Negril in March...I took a day trip to Mayfield Falls..You will spend a few hours travelling back and forth, but you really get to see the real Negril...Stop in a local roadside tavern,,,very ecletic...Just be prepared for the extra fees you will be charged for...Locker rental.
    wet shoes for walking the falls, etc.. And dont forget the tip, too..All in all it was ok..It got me out of Negril for a few hours and very intense cab ride with the ganga smoking driver I had....I actually asked him to refrain while I was in the car...The one thing I was uncomfortable with was walking the falls..Very rocky and slippery...I was more concerned with twisting or braking a foot or ankle, but I am 53, so not as nimble...Not to mention the nearest hospital is not down the street either, and that stuck in the back of my head... Took some great pics...Just my humble opinion

User Info Menu

thanks for the info. i am thinking we would combine roaring river with mayfield. is that doable ?