Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: August quickie

User Info Menu

August quickie

Last trip for the sis and I was March. Feels like forever! We are coming August 3rd-7th (another quickie). I get so excited once I get that flight confirmation after booking (prices are so much higher in summer!) I fooled around with dates for a while wanting to come before end of July, but tickets from Florida were around 600 round trip! We can usually get a round trip for around $200 most months. I ended up paying $438 which is not too bad for the dates. We were there the same time last year. I will dream about Jamaica every night now until we arrive again and will be counting down the sleeps. I can't wait to feel that relief when we walk out of the airport and hop in the car with our dear friend who will have the cold Red Stripes waiting. That "we're home" feeling! Yesssss!

User Info Menu

Re: August quickie

Oh yeah, I too love the confirmation.
    I always send a copy of the confirmation to my daughter, so she knows when Dad is leaving.
    She emailed me back and said
    "Dad, you are staying in Jamaica a whole month?
    What about your job??

"HUH??? What the ......
    I ran to my computer and saw that I had put in the next month as a return date.
    I started sweating bullets, called SW Air, but was on hold too long.

So, I went back to the website and made the change to the "correct date"
    Whew!
    Easy, no problems.

Have fun!
    Your trip will be here before you can say Rumplestilskin.

User Info Menu

Re: August quickie

I would love to stay a month. It's a goal for me to work on. I feel guilty I have not brought my 3 kids yet (been coming every 2-3 months since March 2015) but next trip after this I will be bringing at least one of them. I know they will love it!