Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Room near beach for new years (dec 31 - jan 5) ?

User Info Menu

Question Room near beach for new years (dec 31 - jan 5) ?

Hi. New to this this board and new to Negril.

My wife and I are planning to spent 8 days at the end of the year in Jamaica. We are spending 3 nights in MoBay and 5 nights in Negril. We are looking for a place to stay and relax on the beach for 5 nights(Dec 31 - Jan 5). I figured we were early enough to get a nice room, but it seems I was wrong and most places seem to be full. I was looking for an ocean view room/suite at the Charela Inn as I have heard great things about the beach there with palm trees and shade. Looks like they are full.

Is there any other place that you guys would recommend? We are about 40 and hoping for a place that is clean and safe to spent some time and relax on the beach. We also like walking around or getting a taxi and finding good places to eat. We are OK with splitting time between 2 places if need be.

Any suggestions or resources to contact would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Room near beach for new years (dec 31 - jan 5) ?

Someone posted last week that they are having the same experience. Many of the more popular places on the beach are filling up for New Years week. I would suggest that you consider staying on the cliffs, if a sea view and water access is important to you. Check out Le Mirage, which is Charela's sister resort on the cliffs. All rooms have a water view, plus you are welcome to use the beach at Charela, anytime you want. They currently have a deal that includes free transportation to Charela as well as a $25 voucher for their restaurant. The rooms at Mirage are very nice, but the property lacks a restaurant and bar.

Home Sweet Home is another cliffside resort, that is a great value (again, all rooms have a seaview). Some of the higher end cliff resorts may be filling up too, but I would also look at Catcha Falling Star, Tensing Pen and Xtabi.

User Info Menu

Christmas and New Year is a very busy time in Negril so there is no quick answer or solution. Prime locations on the beach, as well as the cliffs will most likely be booked. You will need to keep searching and may get lucky depending on the type accommodations you are looking for. You might want to consider something across the beach road. negril.com and negrilonestop.com are good sources to find hotel listings. I can list names of places but would not go so far as to say they have any vacancies at that time. Nirvana is very nice and sits next to Cherela. Travelers is another one with various types of accommodations, that part of the beach can be a bit busier. You might want to consider the west end, further near the light house....the Westender for one....good luck in your search
    Walk Good
    AB
    Last edited by Anabeth; 07-19-2016 at 01:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Try Zanzi it's the old Seawind property
    Also Firefly Cottages still has a few rooms and maybe check Rayon (on the morass side of the road)
    Westender has rooms but that maybe a bit too far out

check negrilonestop for photos etc

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions. I liked the cliffs, but my wife has her heart set on the beach. Neither of us has been there, so what do we know.

I looked through the negrilonestop site. Tried filling out their online form last night. Haven't heard back from them.

For now, I called Country Country and I was able to get a room there, though not exactly what I wanted. I will keep that, unless something turns up later via cancellations.

What do you guys think of Country Country? Are they nice or should I keep looking?
    Last edited by KickServes; 07-19-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

Hello, first time to Negril, good for you , you will love it. You will find a place, but you have to get on your phone...call the hotels directly, don't mess around with e mail...blah blah, call
    each hotel and ask them, you never know when a cancellation just comes up .

You want a place to relax on the beach, and be able to walk around, maybe a nice bar and restaurant.....

CoCo La palm.... Will more than likely be filled, but try it anyway...

Treehouse...not as quaint and intimate as a CoCo or Charella..but still a great resort.

Yellowbird.

Fun holiday.

Going down further on the beach you have 2 very nice places ...Bar B barn ( 876-957-4755 ) and Moms place.. great places that have great restaurants, staff, food, and bars, but the downside,
    close to music venues, so may hear music certain nights. others that come to mind that are directly on the beach....Rondells, Nirvana, and Rooms.
    Althought the cliff area is nice, especially for a beautiful dinner, say at Ivans, at Catcha Falling Star resort, I strongly suggest you first experience to Negril to be on the beach ........so get on the phone and lock something down, if you can't find anything. post and i'll give you some more suggestions for across the street from the beach....Good luck !!!

User Info Menu

Country Country gets glowing reviews, check tripadvisor.com. Surprised they still had availability.

User Info Menu

I loved Country Country and they have a nice beach are. But if your wife is set on an ocean view Firefly has a penthouse suite for those dates and they have an amazing view. This is the view from one

Name:  Firefly View.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  86.6 KB

User Info Menu

I stay at montegobayinn.com..I book 1 or 2 nites after a week in Negril..2 Nice private villas a few rooms a great pool and staff.
    Great views of the bay and just a great place to unwind after a hectic week in Negril
    Not to mention a great breakfast every morning and a stones throw from MBJ airport
    Check it out, you just might get hooked, like I did

User Info Menu

I have been to that room and sitting on that balcony at the Firefly in that pic that prism posted. If that is available for your dates, and is in your price range, I would grab it up !