Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Niah

User Info Menu

Re: Niah

thank you for your post, Rob, and especially the info about and reminder of how Negril has changed in the last 20 years. i know, progress and all, but i can't help but miss the old days...

("her name is Rosa")
    Last edited by sonja; 07-22-2016 at 09:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Gonna miss Niah being at Wavz on the beach. Enjoyed walking over & ordering patties & sitting under the big tree waiting for my order. Niah even delivered patties to my hotel a few times! Great patties!�� Great guy!��

User Info Menu

now i'm craving a patty from Niah!! What a great guy he is! We loved how he delivered patties to us at Tony's Hut, it was the perfect spot for lunch and red stripes!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    thank you for your post, Rob, and especially the info about and reminder of how Negril has changed in the last 20 years. i know, progress and all, but i can't help but miss the old days...
    On my last trip home, a Maroon friend laughed at me when I was reminiscing on how much I wished for the "good old days".
    She said, "Good old days were good for you but not so much for us. You could travel cheap. Eat cheap. And bargained for what you wanted."
    "For us our money bought just as much as your money converted did. The only difference? We made less of it when we worked"

She went on to tell me that she liked having things. A cellphone or two. A car. A house and a so-so job. "We couldn't afford a nice place to stay overnight in Negril before and definitely not now."

She said, "You live like a Jamaican. Travel and eat like a Jamaican but you do it on US dollars and we don't."

She reminded me that not that many of the 2,000,000 or so visitors who come to Jamaica to vacation would ever want to come here if they had to live like you do. "No disrespect!", she added.

I laughed and nodded.

She went on.... "The more people who come here with more money to stay in more expensive places actually helps more than those who come an live like a Jamaican". "We already have enough of them!", she laughed.

"Come on. Let me buy you a drink you cheap-azz Jamaican".
    Name:  1-7 5.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  45.9 KB

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike_D! True words Accompong...
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

"Come on. Let me buy you a drink you cheap-azz Jamaican".
    Name:  1-7 5.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  45.9 KB

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

too funny..

but i know your friend is right. i'm sure those "good old days" are better seen as a memory for most Jamaicans..

User Info Menu

"You Can't Go Home Again" - Thomas Wolfe
    Last edited by captaind; 07-22-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    STony (who used to cook chicken next to No Limit Bar) is now setup in front of Bar Negril.
    Tony isn't cooking there currently......he hangs with mi most days at Pe Wees and No Limit Bar...no cooking for him right now....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    hangs with mi most days at Pe Wees and No Limit Bar...
    Cool Runnings, Marko
    Marko,

Hang out?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Rob ............ thanks for the update / correction on the identity of Wavz owner Rosa ............. all I ever heard of the mystery owner was "the China Man" .................. just proves the old saying "if you listen you will learn something new every day"