Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Niah

User Info Menu

Re: Niah

What I wrote on my FB page.
    Niah's in Negril is moving to the West end off the 7 mile beach. Very sad, one of our favorite "restaurants" in Negril. Patties as big as your head..almost. I'll miss the walk through the artist compound through the burning sand avoiding broken glass and wait for your patty to cook in boiling oil over an open flame while trying to find some kind of shade because it's hotter than hell away from the ocean and there is no breeze. Then you take your patty (and Red Stripe) and 30 seconds later you stand in the ocean with the squeeze packet of sauce and enjoy one of Negril's greatest pleasures. If you stay at an all inclusive you miss out on fine dining like this ; ) It's why we never stay at an all inclusive. Btw, don't let this scare you, there are many great and more traditional restaurants in Negril.
    Name:  Niahs Negril.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  89.6 KB

User Info Menu

Should be a good location for this business. This part of the west end needed a patty joint.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I loved washing down his patties with a Red Stripe at Tony's. I hope he finds success at his new location, but I'll miss him.

User Info Menu

i hope so too

User Info Menu

While it is sad to see Niah moving from his long-time location, I think this can be a great opportunity for him. There are still several places to get a good patty on the beach (i.e. Miss Sonia, the Patty Man), but there is a dearth of patty providers on that section of the West End, as KevinPA said. In fact, the only other place I can think of on the entire West End Road is Out of Town Pastry, which usually sells out of their patty inventory around noon. If people become aware of Niah's new location, I think he can do quite well.