Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Niah

User Info Menu

Niah

has Niah moved to West End??

User Info Menu

Re: Niah

Wha???? We just saw him in February - please someone advise....
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

i saw it on tripadvisor posted one week ago. new location between Canoe and German Bar.

User Info Menu

I was told there was a dispute about the ownership/rights to rent of the property he was set up on.

User Info Menu

I believe the Wavz property he is/was set up on was owned by an elderly "China Man" who lives across the street. In late April he was still on the beach and his sister was helping out cooking etc....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Niah is looking ready to go on his new location on the West End near Bar Negril and hopes to be open in the next two weeks! We have been chatting the last few days and he is a bit taken back by the "noise" on the Internet. He never thought a simple change of location after thanking "the China Man" (btw, her name is Rosa) for all the years for a great location on the beach.

Name:  niah.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  56.9 KB

As anyone who is even remotely following the IMF/Jamaica dealings, it is common knowledge that all businesses are being required to register and become active tax paying entities. For anyone who thinks you can "fly under the radar" as a business, if your business draws a following and is earning money, there is no more "under the radar". That is an outdated concept.

And as for a business "squatting" on any land, well, that gets both the land owner and business owner into legal entanglements. Landowners have rights and they are increasing as new tax laws take effect. Squatting, as known in the past, is becoming more illegal everyday.

For those unaware of the modern Jamaica, Jamaica is a quickly developing country and please realize that the old "runnings" no longer apply. Allow Jamaica to develop and grow. (For those old enough, Imagine The Beatles "Taxman" as the soundtrack for this post.... grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, Rob. Where exactly is Niah going to be?
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiB View Post
    Where exactly is Niah going to be?
    Sounds like he will be next to the new-ish Bar Negril, which is on the West End, sort of across from Canoe Bar.

I think that will be a good location. It is turning into a nice little strip of the West End, with more bar/eating establishments popping up. Tony (who used to cook chicken next to No Limit Bar) is now setup in front of Bar Negril.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info on Tony. That's some good chicken.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    Thanks for the info on Tony. That's some good chicken.
    Definitely! You can see his new, big yellow jerk pan out in front of Bar Negril:

Name:  Bar Negril.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  85.4 KB

I need to visit him at this new spot!