Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: car rental in negril-topless jeeps?

User Info Menu

car rental in negril-topless jeeps?

hello, we rented one of the topless jeeps a couple times and enjoyed. realize they are no longer in business. is there any similar type of jeep or convertible for rent in negril ?

User Info Menu

Re: car rental in negril-topless jeeps?

you might want to check out Vernon's car rental they are the only car rental i know of in Negril . I don't know if they have Jeeps though.

User Info Menu

You could contact the car rental places at Sangster's. You could pick it up at the airport, or see what their drop off is for Negril. Just a thought, if Vernon's can't get you one.
    http://www.mbjairport.com/car-rentals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    hello, we rented one of the topless jeeps a couple times and enjoyed. realize they are no longer in business. is there any similar type of jeep or convertible for rent in negril ?
    Are you thinking of the old Island Cruisers? They weren't jeeps, they were fiberglassed bodies upon Toyota frames. I think they were made in Sav. The used to rent them on NMB, but pretty sure they are long gone. I don't think anyone in MoBay that rents them. They were reasonably priced to rent, but not at all as capable as a jeep. I think the best you can hope for now is an SUV. I don't think any convertibles or any real Jeeps are rented anymore, anywhere on JA....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

The safest and smartest way to visit any country is to "fit in" as much as possible. Convertibles in Jamaica? Wonder why you don't see them all over the place? What could possibly go wrong with that? But, if you must and you can afford it, take a look at this http://www.orangesmile.com/carrental/carshow/Cabriolet/
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I think this is what you are looking for. This is mine and not for rent but you can still find the odd one out there. This is a Suzuki but all Jamaicans call them jeeps. In fact I have lost the Suzuki "S" on the front grill and I would like to replace it with a "Jeep" logo just for kicks.
    On beach road not to far from Vern's (Fun Holiday) the is a private house and one of these jeeps, I mean Suzuki Samurai, sorry, was parked in the front yard with a big sign on it that says "for rent". I think it is black with big driving lights mounted on the front bumper. Maybe someone on this board know the place I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Looks like a fun ride, brownsd54!

When we were in the BVI, I rented a Suzuki Jimny. I arranged the rental from the US before we left for vacation and the rental company sent me a confirmation saying that we reserved a "Jimny". I figured it was a typo and assumed we were getting a GMC Jimmy. Imagine my surprise when we arrived on the island and the rental agent was waiting for me with a little jeep-like vehicle. It was fun to drive, but very much under-powered when driving uphill. I was overtaken quite often by the locals.

User Info Menu

Here's my Daihatsu Feroza. It's a four wheel drive little brute. Not for rent.
    Cap

Name:  *Lot top off.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  99.6 KB
    Last edited by captaind; 07-25-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

thanks for the info. maybe someone will notice some contact info for the car by fun holiday and share it. cap and brownsd love your cars.

User Info Menu

If you rented one of these, those days are over....

http://www.resorts-carib.com/car_ren...ser/index.html
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon