Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Step Aside

User Info Menu

Re: Step Aside

RIP Marshall. We just saw him in June too. Great soul, Great smile, and great chicken. Lost a legend.

User Info Menu

What a bummer. He was so nice to us last February.

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear about Marshall. Our old friend from Charela, Wayne, always claimed Stepa was the top rankin jerk in Negril. We were looking forward to stooping by on our next trip. RIP Marshall

User Info Menu

I always looked forward to seeing Marshall and eating his chicken. IMHO he had the best chicken in all of Negril (lots of close 2nds though). Gotta love his meat fork too. It had only one "jabber" as the other broke off years ago. In typical Jamaican style he just kept using it because it still worked. I had a conversation about that very thing with him one day. He said he could tell if the chicken was done simply by picking it up with that fork and judging it's weight. Always friendly and laughing and always treated others with total respect. His chicken was "off the scale" good. I'm gonna miss you Marshall.
    Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

User Info Menu

In Gerry G's interview, Step Aside says "if it don't ready, me don't sell it to no-one".

Great stuff GerryG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReW8zk0FRxE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    In Gerry G's interview, Step Aside says "if it don't ready, me don't sell it to no-one".

Great stuff GerryG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReW8zk0FRxE
    Last December I encountered him when his chicken was not ready. I begged and pleaded with him to make a recommendation and after a bit of banter he sent me to the guy posted up at the one mile mark. That man's chicken was indeed good, however not as good as Marshall's.

User Info Menu

I spoke to Polly, a sister-in-law, last evening. The Nine Night / Wake for Marshall will take place on Friday evening, 9/2 at Step A-Side Bar just past the Taxi Park in Negril.

The Funeral will take place in Burnt Savanna at 11:00am on Saturday, 9/3.

My Deepest Sympathy to all Marshall's Family and Friends. He will be dearly missed by countless ~