Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

Re: Blue Cave Castle

Wow, how much would it cost to level the place and start over?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    It hurts my heart to read those words, Georgie. I don't even want to consider that as a possibility. We have so many happy memories at that place, I'm really sad about the current situation and I hope very much that Susan can make things work there. Or someone else that would buy it and just improve upon what is so special about the Blue Cave Castle. It is truly a one-of-a-kind place.

Sending all of the positive vibrations their way that I possibly can...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    Hey Papa,

There's a good set of building there. No reason to tear it down. Build around it and find a workable business plan.....

But what do I know?......I'm still building a board house (AND VERANDAH SOON!) on Zion Hill........

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 08-21-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

we have stayed at blue cave several timesand love the penthouse . still are more beach people so its been a few years. susan pretty much kept to herself and Petrona is who we spoke to though sUSAN WAS FRIENDLY ENUFF WHEN WE PASSED BY..to me it is one of the most popular places and reasonable on the cliff side.
    wonder what happened and does anyone know what the sale price is?

User Info Menu

I personally would tear it down and start over. Set up some rustic huts with AC for those that need it. No bar, and no restaurant, however I would have the staff make an amazing breakfast including in room rates. The West End needs a place like Nirvana......

User Info Menu

Isn't the lot North of BCC for sale? Probably be cheaper to start with a lot than buy a lot with buildings and tear them down and rebuild. IDK about lot sizes though.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Isn't the lot North of BCC for sale? Probably be cheaper to start with a lot than buy a lot with buildings and tear them down and rebuild. IDK about lot sizes though.

~Moose
    I was thinking the same thing. The lot between Blue Cave and Gas's Bike Rental has been up of for sale, for a while.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    But what do I know?......I'm still building a board house (AND VERANDAH SOON!) on Zion Hill........

Cap
    Cap, Linston gave us tour and I was in awe at the peacefulness and beauty up on the Hill. The new house looks great!

I will say - I do support Linston's plan to put a pool where the Round House used to to stand.

User Info Menu

On sale. I searched around a bit and can't find any professional ads for it. Is it for sale by owner? I'm thinking Steve's kids are the actual owners...

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    no lights on der........no employees mi see walking around......ladders out of da wata.......dead there
    it's closed to guests mi guess and has been all Summer ........for sale for $1.6 million US.....

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I personally would tear it down and start over. Set up some rustic huts with AC for those that need it. No bar, and no restaurant, however I would have the staff make an amazing breakfast including in room rates. The West End needs a place like Nirvana......
    Have you ever stayed there? I have been to a lot of places in Jamaica, but none have been able to match the uniqueness of the BCC. There are some areas to improve upon, sure, but that place is magical. The penthouse especially.