Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

Re: Blue Cave Castle

Booger, I like your thinking on this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Have you ever stayed there? I have been to a lot of places in Jamaica, but none have been able to match the uniqueness of the BCC. There are some areas to improve upon, sure, but that place is magical. The penthouse especially.
    I have, in the Penthouse in July a few years back. The heat was brutal and i ended up checking out early to stay at a place with AC.

Teddy was working the restaurant and his cooking was outstanding. The poor airflow in the restaurant made it unusable, so I ate mostly on my balcony or near the water.

I'll save the castles for Euorpe.

User Info Menu

Although I have seen a listing and heard its for sale, that is not the case. The property has been tied up in litigation for years over an ownership dispute between Susan and her deceased husbands family. While she would like to sell someday, she is unable to do so until all parties can come to an agreement. That doesn't appear like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Susan has admitted the castle has suffered some "setbacks" with the recent staff changes, along with other factors beyond her control, that has caused bookings to drop significantly. She wants to make a renewed effort to increase bookings once it reopens. It seems adding the bar is just the first step in transforming the hotel.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I hope she can make it work. I love that place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Cap, Linston gave us tour and I was in awe at the peacefulness and beauty up on the Hill. The new house looks great!

I will say - I do support Linston's plan to put a pool where the Round House used to to stand.
    "It could happen!" - Judy Tenuta
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Today I received an E-mail from Susan. They plan to open November 20th.
    We booked the penthouse (first time for us) for our last 2 nights in Jamaica. Our plan, at this time, is to spend our first week at Coco and look for a place on the cliffs for the second week and then the last 2 nights at the Castle. We will book Coco in advance, but walk the west end looking for a deal for the second week. Home Sweet Home, Xtabi, Banana Shout, maybe one of the cheap rooms at Catcha Falling Star are all on the list to look at. Any other suggestions? It must be on the cliffs side of the road.
    I'm holding out a fleck of hope that Susan will open the Castle a bit earlier, as we would have spent our entire time there.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Wishing Susan all the best.

Cap & Linston
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Today I received an E-mail from Susan. They plan to open November 20th.
    We booked the penthouse (first time for us) for our last 2 nights in Jamaica. Our plan, at this time, is to spend our first week at Coco and look for a place on the cliffs for the second week and then the last 2 nights at the Castle. We will book Coco in advance, but walk the west end looking for a deal for the second week. Home Sweet Home, Xtabi, Banana Shout, maybe one of the cheap rooms at Catcha Falling Star are all on the list to look at. Any other suggestions? It must be on the cliffs side of the road.
    I'm holding out a fleck of hope that Susan will open the Castle a bit earlier, as we would have spent our entire time there.
    Regards,
    Bob
    I am a fan of HSH, it has a pool/jacuzzi and its own bar and restaurant, great rooms and good security.

Another you can look at is Mirage. It is adults only, great pool, hopefully repairs done to the jacuzzi, no bar, no food. And, if you want, no clothes! Its owned by Grizzell's who own Charella Inn, so you know its run right. I've stayed there and the feeling of having a hotel to yourself is pretty darn cool!

At Xtabi, unless you spring for a cottage, your room will be across the road, as is the pool.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Mirage is very nice.....have stayed there the last 3 years, 6 wks. at a clip. Don't ever remember having a jacuzzi, pleases enlighten me?

User Info Menu

I'm not surprised about Blue Cave's recent troubles. We had been staying there for 15 years, but, when they (Susan, the owner, and her new man) fired Teddy (brilliant chef and Petrona's man) and then Petrona herself (beloved manager since it was built), not to mention prohibiting the staff from interacting with the guests anymore, the magic was gone for us. You will find us at Sunset on the Cliffs from 11/30 - 12/28 this year.
    Last edited by LoveinBlackandWhite; 10-07-2016 at 03:46 PM.