Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

Re: Blue Cave Castle

I just saw on FBook (can't be fake news, I read it on the internet) that BCC is opening 20Dec (it was from 03Nov so maybe they meant 20Nov?) with all of the old staff and security. I have a feeling that doesn't include Petrona and Teddy...

User Info Menu

Our 2 nights in the penthouse didn't happen while in Negril less than 2 weeks ago. We did stop in and see Susan and checked out the property. There have been some notable improvements and some of the old staff is scheduled to come back. Because they probably won't open until around Christmas, I won't post any photos or other information. There is no sense starting up the rumor mill. I wish Susan and the BCC staff all the best and hope we can stay there again sometime. Maybe some of the guests at the end of the month can post some photos.
    We ended up at Xtabi (across the street) for 3 nights and then down to Home Sweet Home for 5 more nights.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

First place we stayed in Negril, ever, was the penthouse, about 17 years ago. Loved it (and froze at night with only a fan but that was January).

Had my birthday dinner there two years ago with a 15 or so friends....Teddy and Petrona made that happen. It was magical.

I've stayed in 4 or 5 of the rooms there and loved them all. IMO the place really does need an onsite bar-restaurant. Even if one has to order ahead or whatever.

User Info Menu

Wishing them nothing but the best. Have stayed in almost every room and were married there 9 years ago. Teddy and Pet would be missed. Thankfully Teddy has found a home as head chef at Treehouse!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

C'mon rjonsun. Not even a tidbit?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    First place we stayed in Negril, ever, was the penthouse, about 17 years ago. Loved it (and froze at night with only a fan but that was January).

Had my birthday dinner there two years ago with a 15 or so friends....Teddy and Petrona made that happen. It was magical.

I've stayed in 4 or 5 of the rooms there and loved them all. IMO the place really does need an onsite bar-restaurant. Even if one has to order ahead or whatever.
    Ironically this was the hottest room I have ever stayed in. It was July though not December, and I had to move out as I was miserable. If the room had AC it would be a fantastic room to stay in.

Glad to see Teddy has found steady employment at Treehouse. He is an awesome chef and I'll be sure to visit Treehouse to check out the menu.

User Info Menu

November-April I never worry about AC. July is a different story

Screens and fans are non-negotiable for me, though the PH has the added benefit of being so high up there aren't many bugs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I personally would tear it down and start over. Set up some rustic huts with AC for those that need it. No bar, and no restaurant, however I would have the staff make an amazing breakfast including in room rates. The West End needs a place like Nirvana......
    Superior rooms at the Castle all have A/C for those that require it. The place is a bargain especially during low season. $60/$90 for deluxe/superior (ac) and $120 for penthouse. Breakfast included would be great but Peewees next door has a good breakfast for $500 J and Pablos is just across the road.