Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Zanzi resort

User Info Menu

Zanzi resort

Has anyone stayed at the Zanzi which was previously SeaWind.
    How was it, the photos of rooms look pretty bare.
    Do they have place for clothing and do they have room safes.
    What places nearby are good to eat at also.
    Any other info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Zanzi resort

We toured the property back in April. At the time, none of the rooms had king beds, but I was told that arrival of some kings was imminent. The grounds seemed to be in tough shape, but work was ongoing, and there seemed to be a vision, a plan, and goal for improvements. The restaurant was a bit in disarray as far as accommodation, but the food was well above average, we thought (we ate there twice).

There were old safes in the rooms. The two rooms we toured seemed to have plenty of room for clothing, and the bathrooms had nice appearance and size, although we didn't test drive any of the fixtures. There are only a two rooms (an upper and lower) fronting the beach.

I did follow up our tour a couple of months ago with an email asking for a medium term (1-month) rate for this coming season. I'm still waiting for a response, so in that regard, I'm rather disappointed.

Lots to do nearby... Norma's, Treehouse and Country Country are close by to the south, and it's a nice walk to anyplace beyond that. To the north, you'd have to pass by Swept Away and Beaches to get to anything worth checking out; in other words, it might not be worthwhile.

Lots of potential here, I think, but quite a ways to go; I hope they succeed!

User Info Menu

It would be interesting to know where Zanzi is on their project curve, though. I'm hoping management sees this and offers some insight.

User Info Menu

Following. Hoping to check it out.