Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes Resort for Sale? Say it isn't so.

User Info Menu

Rhodes Resort for Sale? Say it isn't so.

http://www.cbjamaica.com/property/No...land-MLS-17988

First thought is I wish I had 9 million dollars.

Second thought is I hope no developer ruins this awesome place.

User Info Menu

Re: Rhodes Resort for Sale? Say it isn't so.

How many hectares/acres north of 7 mile?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Those are units of area measurements. I have never calculated distance by area measurements before, but it is about a 10 minute drive past the Riu heading towards MoBay.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wasn't there talk about this site being a hospital??
    Last edited by rosalie; 08-20-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Heard from a co-worker, It's been for sale. Sad, we loved Rhodes. But management went to chit after our 1st visit. Sad that place is close to Negril, and not crowded. If in good hands Rhodes will take off!- I would love to have that place!- I would get the "old" staff back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

The resort and beachfront are for sale in one 50acre parcel for 8.5 mil. Which is about 4 mil high of what it's worth. The second parcel is the plantation, about 380 acres. Its also similarly overpriced. Good luck to the owner. Rhodes Hall is about 10 years from being a viable resort location as Negril expands in their direction. Otherwise, its just too expensive to go off property without your own vehicle. I stayed there in 2013 and it was needing attention. Beautiful slice of Jamaica, though.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Wasn't there talk about this site being a hospital??
    Thought I'd read the same about 5 or 6 yrs ago... a group from Johns-Hopkins had some grand design to begin a local health care infrastructure in anticipation of an influx of expat boomers from the states... it was either on the Rhodes site or close by to it, I think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Thought I'd read the same about 5 or 6 yrs ago... a group from Johns-Hopkins had some grand design to begin a local health care infrastructure in anticipation of an influx of expat boomers from the states... it was either on the Rhodes site or close by to it, I think.
    It was my understanding that the hospital would only occupy a fraction of the actual plantation grounds, but that was all second hand info.

User Info Menu

there is a large commercial For Sale sign a few hundred yards before you reach the entrance of Rhodes Hall coming from Negril....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Sad a place went down hill, due to management. IMO LOTS of potential there!- Would had love to been there when a Negril.com web cast was going on. The bonfires and jerk chicken, glass bottom boat night tours was cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]