Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

I was going to say ‘Shame pon you!!!” for being a two-timing traveler. But since it’s just a fling I won’t disown you. I will work on February plans as I know I will need a winter break. Have daily drinks with you will surely thaw me out LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    ( By the way, what ever happened to tractor ...lol.. )
    Wellllllllllllllllll, things were going nicely. Decent conversationalist. Not much of a sense of humor but a hard working man. Then one balmy night in March, after a scrumptious dinner at Woody’s he admits he’s married, but separated from his wife.

Me: Sooooo you could have told me this before I got here during one our many phones conversations. How long have you been separated?
    Trac: Long time. Ova chree years.
    Me: Is that right? Where do you live now?
    Trac: inna Black Rock wid me ladyfren.

Needless to say, we parted ways before dessert. JOjO, WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME???? Lol

ANYWAY... Boston Beach is waiting for me!!! likkle more!

User Info Menu

Hi Vi. Stumbled upon this post and enjoyed it immensely. What a wonderful trip report. About twenty years or so ago I left Negril for a short trip to Kingston when a mad storm crossed jamaica....our short trip took more than a week to complete due to bridge and road washouts. It was such a haze that I barely remember much of it til I came across one of your posts about Under di rock restaurant. I could not for the life of me figure where it was in our journey, but now I know. Always wanted to return....now I can. We spent time in Portland and I agree, it’s one of the more magical spots in jamaica.
    Thank you for the time u spent on the trip report, I am now on to your most recent one. Travel well and take care.

User Info Menu

Greetings tubes and thank you for the thoughtful words about this report. As you can tell, Portland is the part of my soul that comes alive only when I'm there. Under di Rock beach is very special to me and you understand why. There are many places in Portland where one can go to be totally alone spending undisturbed time to complete thoughts or start new ones. This beach is at the top of that list.

Wow, a brief visit 20 years ago yet through photos, you recall the enchanting vibe that can only be found there. See why I keep going back??? Not just to Under di Rock, but Portland in general. In the 7 years, 2-3 times a year, I’ve been visiting Portland, I’ve not crossed anything place off my list but continue to add new discoveries instead.

Thanks again for giving me a shout, Tubes. It means a lot to know how others feel about these reports.

User Info Menu

Vi....it’s not very often I read something on the web and get a connection to the point of feeling I know someone or want to. Silly, I know but cool at same time. Maybe someday we will cross paths and trade stories of our Jamaican travels. Until we meet....continue your mission. Tom

User Info Menu

Tubes,

Your comment (expression) is not silly at all, but extremely appreciated. Even with my way-2-many photos, more-than-necessary details and over-the-top enthusiasm regarding Portland, this forum will only generate minimal comments. That makes it challenging for me to determine whether or not what I select to share is interesting, understood or even entertaining. However, when people like you actually express so kindly how these postings affect them; then I feel the time & effort ANYONE puts into to reporting/sharing their visit is worth it. Tom, thanks for making my day.

I’m always ready to hear & read of other’s experiences in Jamaica, particularly Portland of course. So if we should ever be in that amazing place at the same time, then you will have a captive audience for sure. And the drinks will be on me.

One more thought, regarding my “mission”. LOL I actually have a BIG one planned for this summer. I can’t discuss the details yet because they are still in the development stages. But I will say that it looks like I’m finally getting a chance to give to the local community in a way I’ve dreamed about for years. Who knows, perhaps once everything has been finalized you might be able to be there and enjoy that very special event too.

Vi

User Info Menu

I understand what you're talking about with the minimal feedback. I'm not complaining mind you, but it sometimes feels like you're only posting for a small group.
    Keep up the reporting cuz I know I'll read it!
    And stop shaking your head at me! I'll get back to finishing my own report..

User Info Menu

Maralunatic,

Rob said in part “Of course all trip reports are great!...” And he’s right…no matter what part of Jamaica the report is about. Sharing your opinions, experiences and pictures helps some to develop an interest in Jamaica OR brings back memories.

Also remember, although very few will comment, there’s still a lot who bother to stop and read them. I personally find that to be encouraging. It’s like showcasing your artwork in a venerated gallery. Just because the viewer doesn’t leave you a written comment, doesn’t mean your display isn’t admired and adored. But you get real pumped up if you happen to be there when someone like Tubes comes along to give you the verbal “thumbs up”.

So, Maralunatic, you keep posting about your wonderful experience no matter how small the audience because after all…YOUR trip report is GREAT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    I understand what you're talking about with the minimal feedback. I'm not complaining mind you, but it sometimes feels like you're only posting for a small group.
    Keep up the reporting cuz I know I'll read it!
    And stop shaking your head at me! I'll get back to finishing my own report..
    Whether I comment, or not, I'm almost always reading it. Sometimes I just have too much else going on to comment, or just don't feel like it.

User Info Menu

I’m in for a small $$ contribution if needed vi.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the offer, Tubes!!! Your generous thought really blew me away. I’ve been working on this project for over a year. So between my strategic & prudent shopping and the contribution from my job, everything is covered. But please stick around as I hope to confirm a date (sometime in August) & location by end of this week.