Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Oh how I wish I were riding along with you- I promise I wouldn't make a peep... You wouldn't even know I was there. What an adventure.

User Info Menu

the images are intoxicating . . .

User Info Menu

Vi..what happened to Tractor....lol.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BaileysMom View Post
    Oh how I wish I were riding along with you- I promise I wouldn't make a peep... You wouldn't even know I was there. What an adventure.
    LOL BaileysMom, if you were riding with me for real, no way you would be silent. I wouldn’t have it! But I know what you mean. I can honestly say I have NEVER had a dull or mildly eventful reach. There have always been unexpected/bizarre incidents thrust in my path.

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    the images are intoxicating . . .
    Thanks JitterBug

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Vi..what happened to Tractor....lol.....
    His appearance is coming up JoJo

User Info Menu

I think you are a way picture taker than I am Vi. I start out with all of the best intentions of taking all these great pictures then as the day wears and the beers roll I get way to relaxed and forget!! Sounds like a terrible problem
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Takinitslow, alcohol has the opposite affect on me. the more I sip, the more I click. Plus looking at my photos is part of the therapy I need to get me through life between reaches.

User Info Menu

Video

This was the scene as we entered into Port Antonio. The typical week day madness concentrated within 3 square blocks downtown. But come Sunday…everything calm. People gone. Noise gone. Sammy, I know you can appreciate this familiar scene. Just wish I had better background music.

https://youtu.be/EPYNImJ8F8I

User Info Menu

From Port Antonio, I made a quick stop at boston beach to find jewelry man and pay him for the anklet. I was also hoping to see the juice guy. Neither one was there. I felt bad because I knew I wouldn’t be returning to the beach this visit. Well…next time.

User Info Menu

Had Cleveland drop me off at Taste Buds which is right around this corner

This is Taste Buds Cook Shop

Like most cook shops, the daily menu changes. He only provides lunch and dinner for now. Hopefully breakfast will be added when I return.

This is the owner and cook. A real nice, positive young man. His cooking area was spotless and his food was fresh.

User Info Menu

As I walked to my room, I waved to Mr. B while he was chillin with his posse at a local spot. He called me over to join them. I was super hungry but I couldn’t pass up spending a minute or two with Mr. B. Plus this was my first time checking out the bar. He patted the empty space beside him and I plopped in it. He then filled a plastic cup with rum & coke and put my name on it. I sipped and listened as they courteously shared bits of Portland wisdom and a little something person about themselves. These cats were cool…serious and although “feeling good” they were extremely respectful throughout the entire conversation.

Mr. B (far left) is a master chef. He no longer works full time, but still coordinates the cooking/menus for big events held at schools, festivals and churches. He promised to prepare his famous jerk chicken during my next reach. He said when he cooks it; he makes enough for the immediate community. I can’t wait because so many folks had raved about his skills.

I finished my drink, said good-bye and headed to the room to eat. I was soooo hungry.

I had to take a picture of this…I wished I brought it home with me.

The bar…they don’t sell food but play music on Friday & Saturday nights.

My meal from Taste Buds. 300J mmmmm that chicken was tender and tasty