Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Stripe ready to ship to US

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Red Stripe ready to ship to US

Tasting Red Stripe on the island since it went from Jamaican owned, then Mexican owned and now owned by Heineken, I do have to say that the taste has vastly improved over the Mexican version since Heineken took over quality control. While under Mexican ownership, the exporting stopped and the old Rolling Rock plant in Latrobe took over production as cost cutting measures for the US market. I have to say I am glad I never tasted that version as I never liked Rolling Rock. "33".

As far as the new exporting goes, lets wait and see how the product tastes come November. It may be a pleasant surprise. If anyone knows how to export a beer properly, Heineken has to be near the top of the list!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ras Walleye, I agree but, you are treading on some sacred ground here.

User Info Menu

Well I can't wait...the US made is not even close to the taste of island made stripe...

User Info Menu

yeah mi don't buy the Red Stripe in the states......didn't taste the same at all when it was produced in the states.....
    that was more of marketing ploy that had never really taken off here in the states.......
    and Red Stripe beer is actually cheaper here in Florida than in Jamaica......go figure......lol
    mi can be patient enuff and wait till this Winter for the real Jamaican Red Stripe Beer.....Hooray Beer......lol
    FYI.....most Jamaicans prefer Heineken or Guinness or Dragon Stout before dem take a Red Stripe Beer......lol
    oh and the Guinness made in Jamaica is ten times better than what you can get in the USA......true

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 08-24-2016 at 01:12 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I drink Red Stripe in Jamaica as it's the best option. At home, no way, especially with Latrobe brewing it. I'm sure I'll buy the import version on occasion to be nostalgic if it retains it's taste. I have drank plenty skunked RS's in Jamaica, so being on island does not provide immunity.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I drink Red Stripe in Jamaica as it's the best option. At home, no way, especially with Latrobe brewing it. I'm sure I'll buy the import version on occasion to be nostalgic if it retains it's taste. I have drank plenty skunked RS's in Jamaica, so being on island does not provide immunity.
    Since Heineken took over, both the Heineken and Red Stripe quality control has improved dramatically. And Heineken once again tastes like Heineken!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I've had only a few skunky red stripes in Jamaica but honestly I don't remember one in the states,I did enjoy quite a few before Latrobe,I'll be back!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Since Heineken took over, both the Heineken and Red Stripe quality control has improved dramatically. And Heineken once again tastes like Heineken!
    That's good to know. I have only liked Heineken in The Netherlands where it is fresh, so will give it a try on my next go around to see how it plays out in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    the Guinness made in Jamaica is ten times better than what you can get in the USA......true

Cool Runnings, Marko
    The Guiness in Jamaica is Guiness Foreign Extra stout (FES) which until 2-3 years ago was not available in the US but now it is and it is the same as far as my sampling can tell

Guiness does distribute probably 4 different stouts in the US

User Info Menu

Hurray, BEER!