Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting close!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting close!

I can do a carry on but my wife needs more room so we only check 1luggage bag. She has to have her curling iron, blow dryer.

User Info Menu

The wife and I do 10 to 12 days with carry on and back pack, no problem.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

i have done carryon which is a feat for me....1 drawback....you have no place to put our liquids ie liquor!

User Info Menu

I make sure I get non-stop return flight for that reason alone...gotta get my liquids lol

User Info Menu

Just 6 more days for us!
    We tied the carryon and backpack, but for some reason we always seem to come back with more than we brought

User Info Menu

I don't understand the carry-on only or the carry-on plus backpack thing. Why not pack a decent bag and check it ? No hassles at airport security. No having to leave something at home for fear of it being on the no fly list. No being scorned by other passengers on your flight when you are carrying TWO things on the plane. No holding up other passengers while you try to cram oversize carry-on and backpack into the limited space on a plane. No trying to pack 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag. No wrinkled clothes. Plenty of room to pack coffee, rum, etc.... on the way home.

The last two times we did the MoBay Club thing which gets you through Immigration super fast. Even with this fast, expedited service most of the bags from our flight were already off the carousel and sitting on the floor waiting to be picked up. We had ZERO wait time for our luggage.

If it was up to me, airlines should CHARGE for carry-ons that go in the overhead compartment and check luggage should be FREE. Imagine how fast and easy planes would load and unload.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Even with this fast, expedited service most of the bags from our flight were already off the carousel and sitting on the floor waiting to be picked up. We had ZERO wait time for our luggage.
    This has been my experience, as well, every time we arrived at MBJ. In addition, I can never find 3oz bottles of sunscreen and insect repellent to put in a carry-on. So we just buy full sized bottles and check them. Between my wife and I, one checked bag works well. I save the carry-on for the relatively heavy snorkeling gear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    I don't understand the carry-on only or the carry-on plus backpack thing. Why not pack a decent bag and check it ? No hassles at airport security. No having to leave something at home for fear of it being on the no fly list. No being scorned by other passengers on your flight when you are carrying TWO things on the plane. No holding up other passengers while you try to cram oversize carry-on and backpack into the limited space on a plane. No trying to pack 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag. No wrinkled clothes. Plenty of room to pack coffee, rum, etc.... on the way home.

The last two times we did the MoBay Club thing which gets you through Immigration super fast. Even with this fast, expedited service most of the bags from our flight were already off the carousel and sitting on the floor waiting to be picked up. We had ZERO wait time for our luggage.

If it was up to me, airlines should CHARGE for carry-ons that go in the overhead compartment and check luggage should be FREE. Imagine how fast and easy planes would load and unload.
    Thank goodness it's not up to you! Haha!
    Everything don't work for Everybody
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!