Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airport to hotel transfer

User Info Menu

Airport to hotel transfer

Hello! Just looking for some advice on Airport to Hotel transfers. We've used the shuttles/buses before and spent way too long on the bus, several hours. Would we be better off not booking ahead of time and just grabbing a taxi outside the airport? There always seems to be an abundance of them. Would it be very expensive? Would also maybe like to stop for a drink on the way from airport to Negril. Any advice would be appreciated!

User Info Menu

Re: Airport to hotel transfer

You can get a private taxi/driver for probably $60 each way 1-2 persons, just make sure they have a red plate! Check out the transport link above.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

It's better to reserve ahead of time then to just grab a taxi outside the airport. They may attempt to price gouge you. Like CosmicMoose said, any of the drivers under the Transport link will be good.

User Info Menu

Thank you! Just thought I'd check and see if it was reasonable to wait or to have it arranged. We've always had it arranged, and the last time we went, the transfer was a nightmare. I had booked with our package. I will check out some of the companies listed.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't pay more than the suggested $60 for one or two folks - airport to Negril area one way. no one can price gouge you if you are informed as to the going rates for goods and services. buyer's market. remember to use red plates.

User Info Menu

Reserve with Linston.

Ask anybody

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lahoge View Post
    Thank you! Just thought I'd check and see if it was reasonable to wait or to have it arranged. We've always had it arranged, and the last time we went, the transfer was a nightmare. I had booked with our package. I will check out some of the companies listed.
    Just to be clear - when you prearrange your transportation, it doesn't have to be with a shared shuttle service. In fact, most of the providers listed in Transportation link offer a private, chartered car or van. Therefore you are free to travel to Negril at your own pace, stopping anywhere you want to along the way.

We used a shared shuttle on our first trip to Negril, and will never do that again. We have hired Linston for our past few trips (most recently last week) and can definitely recommend him for airport transfers and excursions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lahoge View Post
    There are a lot of very good and reliable providers listed on this site. One thing good about them advertising here and having tourists use them is that it acts like a little "insurance" that you will get what you pay for. Businesses operate on reputations everywhere but no more than Jamaica. A few bad mentions and a provider may have to go back to Route Taxi driving again. Most will go out of their way to please and everyone here has their favorites. After all, many become some of our best friends in Jamaica.

30+ years of driving myself, going on the cheap with minibuses and trying a few recommendations has me now gladly satisfied with using Linston for my major moves around Jamaica. I live in the middle of the Cockpits and don't trust many drivers to take me over the very rough and dangerous roads and then also drive me to and from the airport at reasonable speed with a willingness to stop here and there as needed.

Linston is a quality driver (as with most on the board here) but also a close and trusted friend.

You can do worse but not much better at any price.

Respect and Big Up! to Linston!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

As others have said, there are a lot of good transportation company’s on this board. We’ve always been completely satisfied with http://luxuriouscaribtoursjamaica.com/
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

We have use Clive's for the past four years or so...on time...professional...friendly drivers...you can tell them to slow down.....

http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com

We'd rather fly but the fares now sort of make it prohibitive.