Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip report........Your first 8 hrs...

User Info Menu

Trip report........Your first 8 hrs...

You land in MoBay. What happens for the next eight hours?

Just askin'

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Re: Trip report........Your first 8 hrs...

Get a very strong cocktail at the airport bar, go directly to Negril, no stopping !!! Check in, throw my luggage on the bed, no time for unpacking, ( I've already got my suit on under my clothes.....)
    go to the bar at the White Sands and ask Tony for COCKTAIL, run in the water, walk on the beach, and thank God, that I am lucky enough to be able to return to this paradise, year after year !!! Then find all my crazy wonderful friends, and party !!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Get a very strong cocktail at the airport bar, go directly to Negril, no stopping !!! Check in, throw my luggage on the bed, no time for unpacking, ( I've already got my suit on under my clothes.....)
    go to the bar at the White Sands and ask Tony for COCKTAIL, run in the water, walk on the beach, and thank God, that I am lucky enough to be able to return to this paradise, year after year !!! Then find all my crazy wonderful friends, and party !!!!!!!!
    I'm not crazy!!! Tehe!! *smoochez*
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Of course, with me, it depends a lot on whether I am heading up to Accompong Town directly or going to Negril first. If I am heading home, I get a neighbor to give me a ride and just get out of the airport as fast as possible and head directly into the Cockpits.

If I am going to Negril first, I get out as fast as possible and look for Linston's smiling face. A little help with the luggage and we are on our way to a Cambio on the Hip Strip to cash as much money as I think I will need for the Negril leg of my trip.

I have to make a continuous effort to calm down and decompress. I get so anxious to go to Jamaica that my frenetic stateside personality prods me to keep it up after landing. Linston's calm demeanor goes a long way towards putting me in a "no problem" state of mind. Since I usually don't eat meat, I put off eating until getting to a cook shop next to Drifters on the beach where I can get some excellent fresh caught fish and a cold drink.

The remaining few hours are used up getting to my room, showering and changing into more casual attire. By this time, the transformation is complete or nearly complete. My thoughts are now solely about Jamaica and Babylon has faded into a distant past life.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Since I usually don't eat meat, I put off eating until getting to a cook shop next to Drifters on the beach where I can get some excellent fresh caught fish and a cold drink.
    Peace and Guidance
    Accompong, Is this place also called 1 Mile, with Miss Jean? If so, I have that on my list to try this time. I hear they have excellent brown stew fish.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Accompong, Is this place also called 1 Mile, with Miss Jean? If so, I have that on my list to try this time. I hear they have excellent brown stew fish.

~Moose
    Not really sure of the name. It is a favorite of Linston so maybe CaptD will know or some of the people here who frequent Drifters. It is right across the lane facing Drifters. It has a little stool counter but there are some chairs between it and Drifters.

And, YES it was brown stew King Fish and it was delicious!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Not really sure of the name. It is a favorite of Linston so maybe CaptD will know or some of the people here who frequent Drifters. It is right across the lane facing Drifters. It has a little stool counter but there are some chairs between it and Drifters.

And, YES it was brown stew King Fish and it was delicious!

Peace and Guidance
    Yeah, that's the exact same description I had, right across from Drifters, just some bar stools. Looking forward to it, sounds like I had some good intel.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post

~Moose
    I have heard the place is called "Uprising"

User Info Menu

Meet Linston, stop at the cambio, shop at Hi- Lo and arrive at CFS before sunset for one (or two) of Kevin's Sunset Relaxers. Wrap up with dinner at Ivan's and hang out on our balcony listening to the night sounds of the Cliffs.

User Info Menu

Let's see in 2 days 19hours & 50mins After landing thank the man above, speed thru the airport with carryon find my driver Dwayne head straight to the cliffs no stops check-in, set up my music, make cocktail, unpack, eventually eat somewhere, more cocktails chill on my balcony with a nice sub and take it all in until I fall asleep!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!