Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip report........Your first 8 hrs...

User Info Menu

Re: Trip report........Your first 8 hrs...

Set up the Music, Have a cocktail.
    Just like me, gotta have it.

You ever notice how even the Soul tunes from the USA sound extra nice in Jamaica?

Keep on steppin!!

User Info Menu

So does some Jimmy Buffet!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Set up the Music, Have a cocktail.
    Just like me, gotta have it.

You ever notice how even the Soul tunes from the USA sound extra nice in Jamaica?

Keep on steppin!!
    Truth this!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

I also take the fastest route to he cliffs as possible & set up the same way like IRIEchic & fly there with Tim Air..12mins. from MoBay to Negril..no disrespect to all the vendors between the two points..but it's every mid January (from Chicago) when I go & after 23 years I've just gotta get to my place & see my local friends that I've missed the past year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I also take the fastest route to he cliffs as possible & set up the same way like IRIEchic & fly there with Tim Air..12mins. from MoBay to Negril..no disrespect to all the vendors between the two points..but it's every mid January (from Chicago) when I go & after 23 years I've just gotta get to my place & see my local friends that I've missed the past year.
    Yea mon!
    Where does Tim Air land and do you get transportation from there? I wouldn't mind trying it one day.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

After getting through customs and immigration we grab some cold red stripes and catch our ride. We never rush to Negril because we are just happy to be in Jamaica so our ride probably takes longer than most peoples. We stop many times on the way for cold beers, bathroom breaks and a bite to eat. Once we arriv in Negril we just toss our bags in the room, grab a red stripe or two and head for the beach and a dip in the ocean. After that we just go with the flow for the rest of our vacation without ever really making any plans in advance. Cant wait to get back there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Yea mon!
    Where does Tim Air land and do you get transportation from there? I wouldn't mind trying it one day.
    I believe the airport is little bit north of Point Village.

What does it normally cost?

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Lol, it would almost seem this was directed to , though I am sure it's coincidental. I will say the first eight hours are very different then 15 or so years ago...it's an age thing, priorities change, energy levels, etc.
    Arrived on time in Saturday. Was promptly greeted by the driver with an ice cold Red Stripe (yes, still very American and like them as cold as possible, don't see that changing in this lifetime oh and sorry it was not Linston...had reached out to him but he was busy with you at the time and was not able to respond before I already had an answer and committed. Next reach for sure! The next few hours were stopping at the cambio, digicel and of course the ride to Negril. Which brings me to changes....serious big changes. I found myself gawking like it was my first reach! Nothing is recognizable. Used to be able to know where we were and where to ask to stop. The road has changed drastically. Lots of Likkle places to stop no longer exist. Not once did I feel the need to white knuckle or break with my own foot, lol. Almost miss that part. As I was decompressing and taking mental notes, I started to worry that everything I knew for all those past reaches a, may no longer apply. It was not until we hit Negril that I realized just how drastic the changes were. My choice to head up the cliffs was a good one as the mass construction has not made its way here ...yet. Anyway, arrived at my home for ten next week and a half pretty early in the afternoon. Threw the bags in the room, slipped into my daywear (swimsuit) and out to find my perch. Had an excellent much needed and craved Jamaican meal at TBirds....just across the street from the world famous tourist trap...Ricks Cafe. Much better vibe with the locals. Of course I did have to do the inaugural dance with the boys out here...after all, th didn't know me...yet. Mistook me for some rich wanton old lady. Now that we have the air cleared, no problems. Lmao! Must admit...somewhere down deep inside I get a kick out of it....for a minute or two.
    Can't say much about Sunday..Er, I was rum tasting...nuf said. More to come when and if the Internet cooperates and I am so inclined. Besides I am sure you got more that you wanted to hear already captaind. BTW any other suggestions for places for me to explore on this end? I do intend to male my way to miyard one of these days. Would love to say hi to Delroy in person and check out his food.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anabeth View Post
    BTW any other suggestions for places for me to explore on this end? I do intend to male my way to miyard one of these days.
    We usually hang on that end of the cliffs. T-Birds/Mango Tree Bar is a good choice. Take a walk towards town and stop at Ally's Little Sunset/Mushroom/Sandwich Hut, across from Negril Escape. Order up some fresh squeezed juice and patties, made to order. If you don't feel like waiting, continue your walk and stop back later - or Ally can have one of his sons deliver it to your hotel. Personally, I like to grab a Red Stripe and watch Ally cook.

Also check out Shark's (across from Tensing Pen) for a local vibe and killer pan fried snapper.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anabeth View Post
    Lol, ..... I do intend to male my way to miyard one of these days.
    I am sure you wouldn't be the first visitor who did!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.