Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How soon do you buy airline tickets?

User Info Menu

Re: How soon do you buy airline tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Have you seen that within the past 18 months? Airline practices on this have changed.
    mi always buy one way tickets....a lot of benefits in addition to saving money.......
    mi buy one way tickets for mi return on the night prior to be arriving and then cancel when mi land......
    that way mi can decide when mi really want to leave Negril.....
    and not some arbitrator date mi picked months earlier...yah mon

as far as when to buy the one way ticket to paradise........mi start looking 90 days out......
    and then go with mi gut on when to push da button.....usually mi get the airfare at rock bottom because mi patient.....
    anything inside two weeks is a no no usually.......though sometimes the airlines will drop der prices even then.....
    really a crap shoot with some past knowledge of when the lowest price will really be......
    mi know for mi....buying anything out past 90 days isn't gonna be a great deal.....just the way it is from Florida

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Have you seen that within the past 18 months? Airline practices on this have changed.
    Yes, I went to Aruba this past May and it priced out cheaper for 2 one way tickets.

User Info Menu

Hey ya'll....we pulled the trigger for January out of Mpls. started out bought a one way ticket for $223 non-stop. then tried to figure out when we wanted to come back and got the one way ticket back for $258. So, we were happy with those prices especially non-stop. 4:20 flight time. {grin} Good luck. Yeah, just be happy with the price you choose, and heck, just stay longer, as the flight price is probably the most expensive part of the trip. As Willie Nelson sang..."why don't you just stay a little longer"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Hey ya'll....we pulled the trigger for January out of Mpls. started out bought a one way ticket for $223 non-stop. then tried to figure out when we wanted to come back and got the one way ticket back for $258. So, we were happy with those prices especially non-stop. 4:20 flight time. {grin} Good luck. Yeah, just be happy with the price you choose, and heck, just stay longer, as the flight price is probably the most expensive part of the trip. As Willie Nelson sang..."why don't you just stay a little longer"
    Can I ask when you are flying I have been trying to fly out of MSP on Suncountry or Delta nonstop and all over $700 but I am looking at a Sat-Sat starting Jan 21st

User Info Menu

Hey mjc12771.....Sunday Jan. 15 --- Wed. Feb. 1st. Sun Country. Yes. Saturdays are more$. Good luck, it just seems to be on the computer at the "right" moment. Prices change a lot during the day it seems. Respect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Hey mjc12771.....Sunday Jan. 15 --- Wed. Feb. 1st. Sun Country. Yes. Saturdays are more$. Good luck, it just seems to be on the computer at the "right" moment. Prices change a lot during the day it seems. Respect.
    Thanks Rocknrollfarmer- I finally gave up and convience my husband to change our dates to include a Friday and we can then fly out of Milwaukee on SW. For some reason SW has no flights to MKE-MBJ on Sat in January. We live in Northern WI so MKE and MSP are both about 4 hour away. I was able to use points for one of the flights and with free baggage I saved about the same as one ticket from MSP. More then made up for the extra night at GP. Plus an extra day in Negril and getting in at 12:45. Worked out perfect. Now to decided on Club Mobay. We used it last visit on a Tues same flight getting in at 1235ish and was a waste of money but this time is a Friday so just not really sure. Decisions. Decisions.

User Info Menu

I've booked as far as 9 months before to as little as 5 weeks before..........it's just how comfortable you are with the airfare prices at that time.....biggest suggestion is to always have the funds available to catch a good fare when you see it.....

User Info Menu

We bought about 3 weeks ago round trip, nonstop from Minneapolis like Rocknrollfarmer, looks like same times and paid $1 less.
    Book holiday sales if you can, fly out midweek, shop online at night Tuesday or Wednesday.

User Info Menu

I also like the cell phone app called Hopper. It watches the airline prices and tells you when to buy.
    Last edited by staylor0977; 09-20-2016 at 07:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by staylor0977 View Post
    I also like the cell phone app called Hopper. It watches the airline prices and tells you when to buy.
    I downloaded this App a few weeks ago and I am still trying to get used to it.