Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A week from today.....

User Info Menu

A week from today.....

....we will be heading back to Negril! Been two years. Spent our beach vacation last year at a wedding in Cancun, the Ritz Carlton, just a bit different from what we love. We wanted to stay at Charela Inn but they are closed for Sept. So we are going to spend four nights at Swept Away (3rd time) for an easy do nothing time and then head to Catcha for a chance to stay on the cliffs for three nights. Looking forward to our time there. We have reservations at Ivan's for one night and I am making reservations for Tensing Pen for another. Looking for suggestions for our middle night. Open to anything, but don't want to repeat. We have dined at Rockhouse, Xtabi and Pushcart. Wanting a more local place. Thanks! We cannot wait to get there......

User Info Menu

Re: A week from today.....

Quality's Sea Breeze! It's across the street and down a bit from Canoe.

See this post for 20% off offer:
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ght=sea+breeze

Best meal I had there, so good I went back in the same week.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Just on the other side of Ricks Cafe is TLU...great view, cliff side tables, and amazing food...highly recommend the stuffed snapper or the chefs choice conch. Great location and a very short walk, no taxi necessary. LIterally it's the third property after Catcha and on the same/cliff side - Catcha, Banana Shout, Ricks Cafe, and then TLU. Now if you are also into local
    foods, just across from Ricks cafe is the Mango Tree/T Bird. great Jamaican breakfast and also the curries and stews are super and for a much more friendly price ( smallest 4-5 US and larges 7-8 US.) Joseph, Anita, Carlindo, and Andre are very nice people. It's a take out place frequented by locals but you can eat there if comfortable, and they do have a beverage bar. wss my go to place for most of my stay a few weeks ago! BIg up to that crew!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anabeth View Post
    Just on the other side of Ricks Cafe is LTU...great view, cliff side tables, and amazing food...highly recommend the stuffed snapper or the chefs choice conch. Great location and a very short walk, no taxi necessary. LIterally it's the third property after Catcha and on the same/cliff side - Catcha, Banana Shout, Ricks Cafe, and then LTU. Now if you are also into local
    foods, just across from Ricks cafe is the Mango Tree/T Bird. great Jamaican breakfast and also the curries and stews are super and for a much more friendly price ( smallest 4-5 US and larges 7-8 US.) Joseph, Anita, Carlindo, and Andre are very nice people. It's a take out place frequented by locals but you can eat there if comfortable, and they do have a beverage bar. Was my go to place for most of my stay a few weeks ago! BIg up to that crew!
    Also I just noted you are making reservations for these dinners. Just know this time of year that is definitely not necessary anywhere. You will have most places to yourselves, maybe one other table. And the streets on the cliffs are empty after 9 at night, even on weekends. It was that way for our whole visit. Just returned home Sept 7.

User Info Menu

In the cliffs, my favorite place for breakfast is Peewee's. Great prices and good food. Looks like it would be a walk from Catcha though.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Take it to the beach and try either Kuyaba, or Cosmos!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Not going back to the beach. I have enjoyed meals at both Kuyaba and Cosmos. Loved every meal we had at Charela when we did the all inclusive package. Enjoyed our meal delivered to our room at Idle Awhile. The Negril beach is what keeps us going back. I hope we can enjoy the cliffs. We like quiet, or not. Never been bothered by either. We go to do nothing but hang out together in a comfortable setting. Can't wait.

User Info Menu

Charella...closed for Sept???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcjcnj View Post
    ....we will be heading back to Negril! Been two years. Spent our beach vacation last year at a wedding in Cancun, the Ritz Carlton, just a bit different from what we love. We wanted to stay at Charela Inn but they are closed for Sept. So we are going to spend four nights at Swept Away (3rd time) for an easy do nothing time and then head to Catcha for a chance to stay on the cliffs for three nights. Looking forward to our time there. We have reservations at Ivan's for one night and I am making reservations for Tensing Pen for another. Looking for suggestions for our middle night. Open to anything, but don't want to repeat. We have dined at Rockhouse, Xtabi and Pushcart. Wanting a more local place. Thanks! We cannot wait to get there......
    Sips-n-Bites, up by Rockhouse. You will not regret it, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Closed Saturday.

User Info Menu

LTU was on my list. So I think we will go with that for our middle night. We will take a wait and see attitude when we arrive and check out the environs to see if there is another place within an easy reach. Kind of like the idea of not doing a cab if we don't have to. Not as concerned about being cliff side for dinner as we are staying on the water and we dine after dark, anyway. We are happy to have a microwave in our room at Catcha so that we can enjoy leftovers for lunch! Never had that luxury before! Although when we stayed at Idle Awhile we enjoyed out of the fridge leftover lobster thermador on cocoa bread! Can't wait for our trip. See from other posts that it is quiet. That is nice. Been a busy life. Vacations should be peaceful. Thinking of checking out The Caves on Weds prior to our dinner at 8 at Ivan's since it is open to the public on Weds afternoons. Its my birthday and I wouldn't mind checking out the property. We originally wanted to stay at Tensing Pen in the South Pillar but it was booked. Then to Rockhouse, booked. All rooms where available at Cathca. We liked the property on a visit for dinner and I am hoping it will be a good introduction to the cliffs. Almost booked Home Sweet Home or Idle Awhile Cliffs (Hide Awhile) guess if we like the cliffs we have a number of new places to explore. My husband travels, a lot, for work and whenever we get the chance to get away just the two of us, Negril is the place he wants to spend time. We have recommended Negril to many people and those that have taken our advice have not always found what we find. That's OK, good thing it is not for everyone. People just really cannot tolerate the vendors. They don't bother us. Heck, no one bothers us, especially when we are on our own time in Negril. We eat, we drink, we walk, we swim. We might buy a few trinkets. But we have no need for most of it. We don't do boating, snorkeling or day trips. We have been to Jamaica going on 8 times, so we have dropped a fair share of cash over the years. But for us it is all about the coast. And the ocean.