Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tourism Minister invites ideas!

User Info Menu

Re: Tourism Minister invites ideas!

All great suggestions so far. How about slowing the traffic down. The speed at which many drive is just plain dangerous...........for pedestrians and other vehicles. The wife and I are looking forward to our 10th trip this coming February.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Yeah, This, so much this, especially to protect the young of other fish which is what the lionfish eat. They can lay up to 2 million eggs a year, so they are a problem! And especially moreso if they are tasty. I have them on my list to try next reach, most likely in garlic sauce.

~Moose
    You do know that Quality makes delicious lionfish?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    You do know that Quality makes delicious lionfish?
    I have heard this! Any particular way better than others? Or I'll go with the old standby of garlic.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Cleanup is key - gullies, standing water in anything breeds evil mosquitos and they transfer dengue, chikungunya and zika viruses. Even if they don't spread the disease, the itching is maddening.

Right on Moose with the lionfish - I don't spear (I would love to but don't have the gear) but when snorkeling, I make sure to point out the lionfish locations to locals with spears - everyone seems keen to grab these monsters. They are very tasty, had them at the Westender, Cliffhanger (on the East Coast) and a couple other spots. Ask for them if you don;t see them on the menu!

User Info Menu

lol
    lol
    lol
    lol

'tis almost October, na tru

the current Minister stirring the pot
    to pump-up the 'volume' [i.e., tourist]
    for high-season ::::: same play-book ...same script :::: used by previous Ministers, every since i've been going down-yonder der

lol
    lol
    lol

opps.!!
    my bad

you-all chat on
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol

'tis almost October, na tru

the current Minister stirring the pot
    to pump-up the 'volume' [i.e., tourist]
    for high-season ::::: same play-book ...same script :::: used by previous Ministers, every since i've been going down-yonder der

lol
    lol
    lol

opps.!!
    my bad

you-all chat on
    WHAT?

Moose,
    Garlic makes EVERYTHING better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    WHAT?

Moose,
    Garlic makes EVERYTHING better.
    Just like bacon! with one exception... I don't like mushrooms, not even bacon wrapped and slathered in garlic.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

This is mi wish list for mostly the West End/Cliffs(some already mentioned in the thread)

1) West End/Cliffs Public Park with water access on the Cliffs(with Gift Shops)
    2) Trolley/Bus for the West End Road and Beach Road for tourist/locals(transportation)
    3) Sidewalks with street lights and bicycle lanes for West End Road(safety)
    4) Road Bypass for the West End Road and make West End Road one way(safety/long overdue)
    5) Police Annex for the West End(safety)
    6) Regular walking police patrols(safety)
    7) Helmets for anything with 2 wheels(safety)
    8) Neighborhood Crime Watch program(safety)
    9) Jobs program for locals (doesn’t have to be tourist orientated)
    10) Detain the local hagglers/loiters selling drugs etc. hassling tourist(law/illegal)
    11) Impound the gypsy taxis/non red plate taxis and bike taxis(law/illegal)
    12) Ban motorcycles from the West End Road(safety)

Mi be happy with 2 out of the dozen suggestions......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

My wish is aimed at the Jamaican government as a whole, not just for the tourism minister.

Jamaica needs to focus on education, initiatives in technology and the encouragement of entrepreneurship to help research and start up unique micro industries and services that can supply the international market with Jamaica specific brands.

Jamaica actually needs to become MUCH less dependent on tourism and reclaim some of the island's beachfront property for its own citizens to access.

User Info Menu

Right on halfwaytree! My local grocer carries Walkerswood products (mostly spices and sauces) along with a couple other Jamaican imports - even canned ackee and callaloo (the ackee isn't bad, haven't opened the callaloo yet). I would love to see a better coffee selection and things like honey and jams...