Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How to Rent a Car in Negril Jamcaia for a Day?

User Info Menu

Question How to Rent a Car in Negril Jamcaia for a Day?

Okay so maybe that is not the right solution I dunno... we are coming to Jamaica in Feb 2017. We are staying at Tensing Pen. But we want to go and have a relaxed not rushed dinner and tour at Luminous Lagoon.... and get this we don't want to go broke. Crazy right?
    Last edited by staylor0977; 09-20-2016 at 06:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: How to Rent a Car in Negril Jamcaia for a Day?

luminous lagoon is a distance from negril . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    luminous lagoon is a distance from negril . . .
    Yes... about a 2.5 hour drive. We plan to leave around noon and wander our way across the island... if we can find a decent rental car.

User Info Menu

http://negril.com/transport/vernons.htm

He is an advertiser on this site.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I used to rent a car for my entire stay. It can be fun, but expensive if you aren't traveling around a great deal. I've come to enjoy a good driver taking me where I want to go. I can sit back and enjoy the view!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

There are so many great drivers advertised on this site. We've used a number and have never felt rushed... For dinner, if you are going off the resort, lost of places will pick up and return for free (tip the driver). I don't think I have ever seen anyone staying at Tensing using a rental car.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by staylor0977 View Post
    Okay so maybe that is not the right solution I dunno... we are coming to Jamaica in Feb 2017. We are staying at Tensing Pen. But we want to go and have a relaxed not rushed dinner and tour at Luminous Lagoon.... and get this we don't want to go broke. Crazy right?
    Sometimes I look at the need to go somewhere a distance from where I am staying (like I do from Accompong Town to almost anywhere! ), I use some creative thinking to see and do something different.

You might want to look at taking the http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/ from Negril to Falmouth (2 adults for a little over $60 US Round Trip) and then stay overnight at the http://www.glisteningwaters.com/hotel.html (don't know the exact price but worth checking into). The bus from Negril leaves at 7:15am and you would leave Falmouth at 9:30am the following day.

You might be able to do this trip for about the same price as taking a Private Red Plate Taxi and probably just a little more than renting a car without all the hassles driving on the sometimes kind of crazy highways.

Just an idea.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Thank you for all the info and great ideas!