Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Air -- figured it was too good to be true.

User Info Menu

Tim Air -- figured it was too good to be true.

We've flown with Tim Air maybe 20 times. Last year, on arrival, they had lost our reservation (even though I had the email), and we ended up flying with airlink. I had expressed my unhappiness in the service received to their customer service web page, and actually got a response from what I believe was one of the owners.

Long story short, they were offering to make up for the debacle (we still made it to Negril, but spent a good amount of time sitting on a bench down by the shuttle area, as club Mobay had dropped us off) by compimg a flight for us this year.

Well, that's not happening. After multiple phone calls trying to get the reservation made, and multiple times of getting what amounts to the brush off, we have decided to go the land route. The funny thing is, I would have still probably flown with them if they had simply said they could not honor that instead of just giving me the brush off.

Ah well, 56 days til I'm back on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

Re: Tim Air -- figured it was too good to be true.

What was the cost before when you flew? I would think from a time point of view there isn't much savings by the time you get outside..they do their preflight thing..ect ect...but thought about trying it just for the scenery..

User Info Menu

I cannot remember what Tim Air wanted last year, but it's around $300 for a couple if you want a plane to yourself. If you fly with another couple it's less.

I only do it to placate the wife anymore, as I honestly don't see the value in flying when all the other factors (wait, second security, etc) are figured in.

User Info Menu

you are a high roller, smith could live for a month on your 30 min trip!

User Info Menu

I just requested a quote from Tim Air , round trip Montego Bay to Negril....US$280. So, US$560 per couple. Plus tipping etc.

Way back when, when the West End Road was being reconstructed, we started flying instead of taxi by land. We just got into the habit of doing it for a number of years.
    Flying prices every year crept up until one day we said, "Hey wait a minute!" and started using land transport. I would still fly but my wife (Chief Financial Officer) gives me the hairy eye ball when I suggest it.

I really like that little flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pf...ature=youtu.be

User Info Menu

When I started coming to Negril in '88 I flew Tim Air...$50.00 each way...the good old days.

User Info Menu

Oh, not the West End Road being reconstructed...it was the road from Montego Bay to Negril.

User Info Menu

When we went last year, Papa, there was a storm brewing on arrival (oddly, this was the third year in a row... It's probably my wife's fault). Airlink flew us overland, and the "terrain alert" alarm was going off in the plane the entire trip. That was really kind of the end of that for me to be perfectly honest.

We started flying after one trip took over four hours by bus from the airport to Negril. I can remember when the road was being modernized, on that particular trip, they actually took us up a dirt road, barely worthy of the name as the main road was completely blocked by construction.

Now, when we've gone by car, the trip is really not that long, and I'm honestly not sure it's a time saver anymore.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kim&betty View Post
    you are a high roller,
    smith could live for a month on your 30 min trip!
    lol
    lol
    lol

in-correct-toe-mendo, my friend
    :-)
    can live for 1.5 months
    lol
    lol
    lol

ummmmmmm
    i don't think it's 30 minutes
    ...more like 8-10 minutes

nevertheless,
    i have flown on dat likkle-plane a couple of times
    ...it's really-NICE :::: everybody should do it at least once.
    .........see Jamaica from a different ''perspective''

oh
    oh
    ooooooooooooh:::>>> the flight to & from Kingston is of-the-chain :::: 'tis spectacular...!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    When I started coming to Negril in '88 I flew Tim Air...$50.00 each way...the good old days.
    * sigh *

yep
    yep

those WERE the days

dem new-prices [above] don't *sound* right
    :-(
    finding it hard to believe they raise-price that much

i can see a couple hundred-$$$ for a private-charter, but not for a walk-up shared-ride
    Last edited by smith744; 09-28-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

12 to 17 mins. that's it!