Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

User Info Menu

Re: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

I believe you should do like some others said.
    Go outside! Have a drink at Groovy Grouper. Watch the people, have fun. DonĀ“t hide yourself at Club MoBay or the Sandals lounge.
    You are in Jamaica, enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jomack View Post
    The little bar outside is cool, we love to grab a nice cold red stripe, but wow.. the prices are not cheap at all! There was always a girl selling cold beer out of a Barrell type cooler, it was much cheaper then.. I think the Red Stripes at the bar was at least $6.00 US each, and than the conversion..we walked away with $2.00 usd
    That is why i suggested Club Mobay,i know we spent a small fortune drinking beers at the Groovy Grouper one year waiting on friends for 2 or 3 hours,plus we people watch our whole vacation so a little quiet time before our party starts is nice!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    That is why i suggested Club Mobay,i know we spent a small fortune drinking beers at the Groovy Grouper one year waiting on friends for 2 or 3 hours,plus we people watch our whole vacation so a little quiet time before our party starts is nice!!
    I hoping that we only have to wait for an hour or so. If either of us are delayed then we will just take our own transportation.

User Info Menu

Just as others have said I always enjoy drinking cold red stripes just as you exit the airport. As soon as i get off that plane i am in jamaica and never in a hurry to go anywhere except getting out of the airport lol. I can spend the day there people watching, enjoying the sunshine and cold red stripes. I am glad i read this thread cause next trip we are definately going to check out that richmond hill place.

User Info Menu

So I'm still on the fence about this. We leave early (545am) in the morning and arrive at MBJ at 1230 and will have probably eaten very little during this time. If we book club Mobay we will have food and drink available but if we wait at one of the bars can you order food?

User Info Menu

Mjc...at the airport you can get Tastee (I think it's the Tastee company) patties and other food options right next door to the Groovy Grouper. Or, if you're not ready to acclimate to the heat yet...you can visit Island Grill which is located in the departure area and offers AC, many decent food options & more affordable beer.

User Info Menu

IF you arrive during ''lunch time'' for airport employees,
    you can find/get good GOOOOOD food and non-alcoholic drinks
    at the parking lot
    across the road
    from the arrival and departure entrances

/

and you can chill and wait
    at the ''spot''
    in the video below
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Here's where the taxi drivers and airport workers eat. Fish, chicken, veg, cold drinks, every somthing. The brown table in the foreground of the first picture is a domino table and you don't dare put food or ANY drinks 'pon he

Name:  IMG_20160504_104058.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20160504_104104.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20160504_104117.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  36.6 KB
    Last edited by captaind; 10-21-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Great recommendations. One fact based caution. Met a couple on the cliffs last year who were long time visitors, they too were arriving early and waiting for friends on a flight landing after theirs. They met their driver, loaded the van, then went back into the airport to meet their friends. While they along with their driver were chatting it up inside the van in broad daylight was riffled of not only all their luggage and carry ons, but also of their drivers personal belongings. I heard this story before I met them and brought them some goodies to ease their transition as they were still trying to arrange a trip to Sav to shop for replacement luggage and clothes. The police did come and did review video, but nothing I am not aware of anything being recovered. Very unfortunate and I would never of thought the small parking lot adjacent the circle at the airport would be a problem, but common sense says don't leave your stuff.