Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

User Info Menu

Re: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    They met their driver, loaded the van,

then went back into the airport

to meet their friends.

ummmmmmmmm

now THAT's **interesting**
    ....they were allowed to go BACK INTO the airport THRU the ''Arrival''' door...???..

''things'' must have changed, 'cause when i tried doing THAT, i wasn't allowed to re-enter that door [after exiting].... '''security protocol'' was the reason given
    be hapPpy

Administrator

User Info Menu

This is one of the reasons the airport parking lot should be used. Although not free, there is some security.

I am also concerned that a driver would leave a loaded vehicle there. It is a good walk back to the airport, and no way to keep an eye on the van. Something doesn't make sense here.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    One fact based caution. Met a couple on the cliffs last year who were long time visitors, they too were arriving early and waiting for friends on a flight landing after theirs.
    Reminded me of song lyrics..."Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another you been messing around."
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    This is one of the reasons the airport parking lot should be used. Although not free, there is some security.

I am also concerned that a driver would leave a loaded vehicle there. It is a good walk back to the airport, and no way to keep an eye on the van. Something doesn't make sense here.
    Rob, it was the paid airport lot just across from the arrivals entrance. I was surprised by this and doubt I would leave our gear unattended like that, but now I am sure I will not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    Love that
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Seamuis,

I hope the driver's insurance would have kicked in to help replace the stolen items. That is one of the reasons JUTA, JCal, Maxi, etc have extra coverage above and beyond those limits required by route taxis and even private drivers. The transportation driver's insurance should have made the people you met "whole" again.

And that would explain the video you mentioned. The lot has video surveillance. And it would also explain the big signs in that parking lot, "We are not responsible for items left in vehicles..."

I thought you were talking about the taxi parking adjacent the roundabout circle as you enter the airport. Many drivers park there to avoid using the pay parking lot.

I am also surprised that a airport transfer driver would leave a full vehicle exposed like that. We go to the airport very infrequently but park where we can usually see the car by the arrival entrance. It also makes the walk to the car quicker for everyone lugging luggage. And makes for a quicker exit from the parking lot.

For an experienced transportation driver to have this happen to them still doesnt make sense to me. And why was there no mention of insurance?
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Sethin' nuh smell right!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Rob, While not my driver I am familiar with the driver involved. Short of giving them something to get them by I did not get involved in the business end of their ordeal, I tried to simply remain supportive. I have used several drivers who will park in that paid lot. They will pull out to the curb when I am ready, but I also have no problem walking out there. Is there a permit to pull in the circle? Regardless, just good to be aware this has happened.

deanna, great video.. if I ever get stuck there I will keep it in mind for bones.

-Seamuis

User Info Menu

That is one strange story...and I agree with Capt..."Sethin' nuh smell right!"

Seamuis...if the drivers are waiting for quite awhile they'll generally park across the road from the airport (don't want those parking costs to add up)...closer to the actual arrival time of their customer they'll park in the paid parking area directly across from the airport building as it's more convenient for everyone.

It's always good to be reminded to be aware of any potentially criminal situation....also great to be reminded to use a professional Juta, Jcal or Maxi driver as we've now learned we're provided with extra insurance as a passenger through these organizations if something does happen.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 10-22-2016 at 06:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Hearsay stories are hard to read about. We don't have all the details and there are a lot more questions than answers.
    Counterproductive, in my opinion.

As far as Club mobay, for just an hour, I'd wait because I like the arrivals services. If you aren't a person who likes the other benefits of CMB arrivals, then just wait outside. For $100, you can buy a lot at the restaurant! More than an hour, I'd forego the whole thing and hit the road!