Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Dream Weekend 2017

User Info Menu

Dream Weekend 2017

Hello all! I know I'm super early to be posting this but I'm hoping that I'll learn so much from this thread that I can plan my vacation with confidence.

My best friend and I are planning on going to Negril to attend the Dream Weekend events taking place on 7 mile beach July 28th to August 1st. We want to leave Atlanta the 27th in case we have delays or issues and come back on the 3rd to ensure we're rested from partying and can go back to work lol. I have a few things I'd like to know:

1. Which is the best beach hotel in terms of cleanliness and security? We don't necessarily want to be in a resort as we want the feel of Jamaica unless those are the best options for our deal breakers. We also have to be on 7 mile beach in order to use the shuttle to and from the events. We have looked at Legends and are considering booking it.

2. What's the best way to get from the airport to whichever hotel we choose and back?

3. Are there any travel tips or things we definitely need to know about Negril?

4. What's the best site to book hotel and flight? Or should we use a travel agent? I've noticed prices are best usually between orbitz and Expedia.

5. If any of you have been to Dream Weekend I would love any info or tips pertaining to that as well.

This got incredibly long lol sorry. Just extremely excited and curious. Thanks all!
    Last edited by Flanighan Sonde Kevin; 09-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Dream Weekend 2017

Just relax, and don't take things too seriously.
    Negril is laid back, take time for everything and super casual.

Don't let anyone disturb your groove.

Keep smiling.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at Fun Holiday, Tree House, Travellers and White Sands during Dream Weekend.

I rank them

Travellers
    Treehouse

Fun Holiday

White Sands

All are pretty affordable all are within walking distance to all parties. Tree House has a nicer beach. Travellers has a nice grounds with a pool. (non bungalo Rooms) are comparable.

User Info Menu

1. Which is the best beach hotel in terms of cleanliness and security? We don't necessarily want to be in a resort as we want the feel of Jamaica unless those are the best options for our deal breakers. We also have to be on 7 mile beach in order to use the shuttle to and from the events. We have looked at Legends and are considering booking it.

earlier you book the better the price usually......don't wait till sometime next year to reserve a room for Dream Week......
    them usually gone by Spring for the good rooms right on the beach...rooms go up about triple than regular rates
    Well when mi suggest most times they never go with mi choice......lol.......mi would pick Coco LaPalm......close to the action
    mi not a big fan of Legends......beach area is tiny der...but right in the middle of the action

2. What's the best way to get from the airport to whichever hotel we choose and back?

JUTA is what mi use a lot........for about 30+ years.....dem about the cheapest....
    plenty of drivers to choose from on this board.....mi personally like Clive Transport

3. Are there any travel tips or things we definitely need to know about Negril?

keep reading this forum till you land........lol......you can go back a couple years...lol
    .......then you should be in good shape......lol......and ask questions.....

4. What's the best site to book hotel and flight? Or should we use a travel agent? I've noticed prices are best usually between orbitz and Expedia.

wow that is loaded question.....mi would personally go to Cheapoair or one of dem multi search sites....
    then mi would go to the airline websites and book with dem cause you always get a great price.....
    then mi would book the hotel either directly or go thru one of dem Hotel.com multi search like sites that have great prices.....

5. If any of you have been to Dream Weekend I would love any info or tips pertaining to that as well.

been the last 4 years but mi live here....last year was the least crowded......2015 was by far the busiest......
    think this year it was because the tickets went up 20-30%......ouch......dem were already high anyways
    you will be able to buy a season pass in the spring online and then go down to the beach road and pick it up when you reach
    or just pay as you go or buy online to individual parties.......but Kool Runnings Water party will be sold out ahead of time
    stay hydrated and remember to eat......it's a marathon of parties so don't burn out early.......
    personally mi go to the Dream Weekend Concert........and Igloo....
    there will be some parties before Dream Week........and for a couple days after too......those sometimes are da best
    Last edited by Marko; 09-28-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks all for the info everyone!

User Info Menu

I wouldn't worry about the shuttles to much, walking to and from the events will be much faster. Unless you like being stuck in traffic. Sense able footwear is the key to surviving Dream weekend/ ATI.

User Info Menu

We go every year. It is very very busy. Before and during the events, the shuttle is a good idea but after, forget it, most people walk, some take a bike taxi. Last year after one of the nite shows, it took us 2 hours to get home (we sat on the bridge before the roundabout for an hour). The drive usually takes 5-7 minutes. Book the location of your hotel with this in mind. Keep your wits about you and drink and partake responsibly is my top advice...all else will fall into place. Seen too many a tourist get caught up in the party party and forget they are in a foreign country.

Hotel transfers may be included when you book your hotel depending on where you book. Just ask the hotel once you book or if you use a site it might be included in the overall booking. Your questions are very general as there are many options for places to stay and many options on how to book them. Your budget will determine a lot as the cost of the hotel for Dream Week is usually more than other times of the year and booked as a block of time. Make sure to purchase your wristband early as the price goes up and get expensive the closer to the event.

Remember that the parties are the main attraction for the week so your hotel room will not be a place that you will be spending much time!
    Last edited by northerncaligurl; 09-29-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

Walking the road a few years back with Flipadelphia26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOZytd2dyg

User Info Menu

nice!

User Info Menu

Thank you! I hadn't even thought about traffic. Your advice just helped a lot with figuring out where we'all stay.