Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Resort

User Info Menu

Sunset Resort

Booked the Mermaid room for 9 days in late Feb.Has anyone ever stayed here?

User Info Menu

Re: Sunset Resort

Yes. I found it to be perfect for my needs. I stayed in one of the villas that included a full kitchen which although we ate at Sunset Resort (and other local spots) having a kitchen came in handy.

Great location overlooking the sea with a nice pool. The owners are an American man and his Jamaican wife.

Any additional questions just post them.

User Info Menu

My son and I have stayed in the mermaid room on three trips. It is awesome as is the hotel/ villa New showers. Great staff and owner. Great choice. When we book we always request that room. Have a great trip.

User Info Menu

Heading there for the first time (to stay, I've cut through to get to Frenchman's from Calabash) in January. I believe we have Blue Dolphin.

Spoke to Kory on the phone - pretty strong J'can accent for an American!

User Info Menu

we stayed there in 2015 for a 3 day weekend from Negril , after having stayed at Jake's a few years before that, for a lot more $ I would say Sunset Resort from now on . I really liked it.

User Info Menu

We really enjoyed it. Comfy, modern, all the amenities, excellent service and location great for walking to everything.

My only hesitation in booking it before was that I wasn't a fan of the outdoor carpeting around the pool, looks kind of cheesy. Having now stayed there for several days, I can say it's comfy to walk on and no one slips. The views and rooms and everything else more than make up for that.

I have a few hundred photos from our trip and many at Sunset but still sorting....

User Info Menu

What is the vibe compared to Negril there? We usually stay outside of Negril, if we want hustle and bustle we go to Negril. We like a local style place, our own beach, snorkeling. We are down to earth no bling needed for us. Just would like a/c.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

The vibe is very chill, old Negril form the early 80's kind of chill. No bling needed, no hassle or hustle. We were so thrilled to have finally spent a week last year and are back this year. Lots of rooms have a.c although ours had a fan and that was enough. We stayed at Katamah and our friends stayed at the treasure beach hotel. Beach is quiet, never went snorkelling but lots of fishermen would be happy to take you out I am sure. Excellent food and way cheaper than negril.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response. You fly into KNG? What independent places to recommend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

To TB MoBay is 2 1/2-3 hours, Kingston 4.