Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mega mart stop

User Info Menu

Re: mega mart stop

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I like Megas selection..if they don't have what you want..chances are you won't find it anywhere else..like Miller lite..lol
    Miller Lite in Jamaica???? What is wrong with you Fargomon!!!

User Info Menu

So besides likker, what else do y'all buy?
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Question - is Megamart owned by Jamaica, or U.S ? Anyone know ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    So besides likker, what else do y'all buy?
    Bacon, eggs, coffee,bread, mixers, fresh fruit, hot sauce, callaloo....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jomack View Post
    Question - is Megamart owned by Jamaica, or U.S ? Anyone know ?
    MegaMart Wholesale Club has sold its retail stores in Portmore and Montego Bay to a group of pension funds in a deal worth J$2.3 billion.
    The deal will result in external ownership of all the real estate assets - land and buildings - for all four MegaMart retail stores, but the business remains firmly under the control of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gassan Azan.

In short, the land and buildings are owned by pension funds but the business is still under G. Azan owner of Bashco Trading and Sweet tings.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Bacon, eggs, coffee,bread, mixers, fresh fruit, hot sauce, callaloo....
    Ok thanks! When we stayed at Firefly, we bought a few items like oatmeal, bread, jam, etc. But no kitchenettes where we are staying this time.
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

i agree once you get to your hotel it sometimes takes awhile to get back out to shop. where is the hi lo in mo bay?

User Info Menu

Not a big fan of the Mega Mart. We prefer to stop at Hi-Lo in Negril before we arrive at our hotel. IMO it's a lot easier to get in & out of Hi-Lo than Mega Mart. Plus, I'm not too crazy about buying beer and fresh produce and having it sit the trunk of a hot taxi for over an hour & 1/2, on the ride to Negril.

I'm hearing some people say that they prefer Mega Mart over Hi-Lo, because Hi-Lo is out of the way. I guess that's true if you stay on the beach. Being cliff dwellers, Hi-Lo is always on the way and is the last stop we make before arriving at out hotel. We usually pickup beer, coffee, tea, candles, mosquito coils, fruit and snacks. Honestly, we can probably buy all that stuff at L&M or Wise Choice, but we take advantage of the taxi while have it and find it convenient to pull into the Hi-Lo parking lot.

User Info Menu

I usually stop also to load up on alcohol water etc. BUT this time NO CASES of water for us after watching TVJ news during hurricane Mathew..there seems to be a serious problem with the overflow of plastic trash in JA. This time we are bringing a couple of hydro-flasks and a zero water filter
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

We've use Negril Hi-Lo, ValueMaster and Wise Choice but find Mega Mart was a good stop for both likker and other essentials, but recently have been using the airport duty free for likker so I'm on the fence especially given we like the cambio next to Hi-Lo. There is a huge selection at MM, and it's real easy to wheel your cart right out to your ride to load up.. imho not so at Hi-Lo or Value Master

-Seamuis