Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mega mart stop

User Info Menu

Re: mega mart stop

how do people find the value master in negril compares with the hi lo?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    similar prices, often need to go to every store to find what you want

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    They're both owned by the same company...I find some items better priced at Hi Lo some better at Value Master. Quality Traders aka the Green Store is another decent place to shop...overall better produce selection if you're not getting them from the veggie trucks.

User Info Menu

A few years ago our driver suggested we stopped at the "China man store" in Hopewell. Used to be owned by some of the Chin family so I guess the "China man" tag is still used by some of the locals. Their prices were very competitive with Mega Mart / HI LO and they exchanged money at a competitive rate also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    A few years ago our driver suggested we stopped at the "China man store" in Hopewell. Used to be owned by some of the Chin family so I guess the "China man" tag is still used by some of the locals. Their prices were very competitive with Mega Mart / HI LO and they exchanged money at a competitive rate also.
    Interesting you said this...Captain Oil.
    Most of the Jamaicans around here use the term China man, Chiney, Indian, White man, Browning (is used less frequently) all very freely. But, having said that...I just read an article in the Jamaica Observer where a Jamaican gentleman of Chinese descent was complaining of being called China man or Chiney.
    Times are changing...even here.

User Info Menu

When I went in April I used a online wholesaler named CPJ's Distribution. The prices are comparable and if you order more that $100 worth of product there is free delivery to Negril. Check it out. When we arrived in Negril our beer and wine was there waiting for us. Easy business.

I was just on their website and I see that they have a store as well in Montego Bay.

User Info Menu

sounds like the amazon of negril

User Info Menu

I just looked ar CPJ Distribution on-line store.. Maybe I was looking in wrong place but I cannot see where they offer cases of Red Stripe or Dragon Stout.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by prat sista View Post
    When I went in April I used a online wholesaler named CPJ's Distribution. The prices are comparable and if you order more that $100 worth of product there is free delivery to Negril. Check it out. When we arrived in Negril our beer and wine was there waiting for us. Easy business.

I was just on their website and I see that they have a store as well in Montego Bay.
    Sweet, love this!

User Info Menu

prat sista .......... did CPJ deliver to your hotel ? How far in advance did you order ? No Red Stripe or Heineken or Guinness ?