Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new route taxi look!

User Info Menu

Re: The new route taxi look!

Can someone local shed light on the tourist authorities table? Is the price from beach road to roundabout 130? and roundabout to cliffs $130? I know, I know..... route taxis are meant for locals. Just would like to know the price for my information, and because I have been know to pay for a few (or more) peoples fares.

User Info Menu

"..... route taxis are meant for locals."
    I disagree that route taxis are meant for locals. Isn't it the public transportation system for Jamaica? When people travel to my city, they have access to the public bus, etc. When you go to NYC, or Europe, Asia, Africa, or anywhere, don't you have access/utililize public transportation.. Rail, bus, subway, train, ferry, rickshaw, etc? I feel it's best to know what you are doing & do what works for you & the situation 😊

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamc12345 View Post
    Can someone local shed light on the tourist authorities table? Is the price from beach road to roundabout 130? and roundabout to cliffs $130?
    Yes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    The official Negril taxi stand is the bus park just past the police station.
    OK, now I'm genuinely curious. I've never had a route cab actually stop there. They seem always to stop by the roundabout (either just before or just after), or pull into the parking lot by the cambio at the roundabout. Has it just been that my limited experiences were unusual?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    OK, now I'm genuinely curious. I've never had a route cab actually stop there. They seem always to stop by the roundabout (either just before or just after), or pull into the parking lot by the cambio at the roundabout. Has it just been that my limited experiences were unusual?
    Some taxis drivers have set up a makeshift drop off/pickup area for taxis near the Scotia Bank...every so often the taxis are kicked out of the parking lot by authorities...but eventually make their way back there.

Most tourists tend to go to the HiLo, Scotia Bank area or up to the West End rather than travelling the other way towards Sheffield, Little London, Sav La Mar etc. The driver may be assuming that's the direction you would choose and is offering a more convenient stop for you and for him...this reduces a bit of driving time.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 10-12-2016 at 01:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    BEACH ROAD to NEGRIL $130.00
    NEGRIL SPOT to NEGRIL $120.00
    NORMAN MANLEY BOULEVARD to NEGRIL $120.00
    WEST END to NEGRIL $130.00
    BEACH ROAD to WEST END $165.00
    NORMAN MANLEY BOULEVARD to WEST END $165.00
    Can any of the Negril experts or residents explain the confusing things in the Transport Authority's list?

What is the difference between Norman Manley Blvd and Beach Road (there's a $10 fare difference)?
    Are there route taxies that have routes between Beach Road and the West End for the stated $165 fare?
    What is Negril Spot?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    The peanut porridge guy at the transportation center has GREAT porrige.

Cap
    Thanks for sharing that bit of culinary advice, Cap. I'm not just a little nutty about peanut butter so I'll have to give it a try.
    --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

How much would it be middle of the beach area (White Sands) up to Half Moon Bay? And which route would that be, is that the Green Island route?
    Is this the fare? GREEN ISLAND > NEGRIL $ 175.00 I imagine Negril > Green Island is the same fare as Green Island > Negril?

And anywhere along the cliffs, to anywhere else in the cliffs would be a max of $130? Same for anywhere along the beach to the traffic circle?

Thanks,
    Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing that bit of culinary advice, Cap. I'm not just a little nutty about peanut butter so I'll have to give it a try.
    --Marblehead

PEANUT PORRIDGE!!!! At the Taxi Park!!

Man, I have been through that Park a million times.
    Mi never knew!!
    Def will try it in November.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bksmm View Post
    Can any of the Negril experts or residents explain the confusing things in the Transport Authority's list?

What is the difference between Norman Manley Blvd and Beach Road (there's a $10 fare difference)?
    Are there route taxies that have routes between Beach Road and the West End for the stated $165 fare?
    What is Negril Spot?
    Negril Spot is about 10 km far away form Negril on the way to Savanna-la-Mar between Sheffield and Little London. At Negril Spot you can tur off to places like Revival, Brighton, Mount Airy, Orange Hill, ...