Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carry in booze

User Info Menu

carry in booze

Thinking of saying at Coco Laplams, an like to know if carry in booze is ok.

User Info Menu

Re: carry in booze

Who would know?

User Info Menu

I plan to bring it in
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Thinking of saying at Coco Laplams, an like to know if carry in booze is ok.
    Jimbo...do you mean through Jamaican customs or into your hotel?

Customs you can bring a couple of bottles or so in your luggage.

User Info Menu

The hotels in Negril aren't like cruise ships - you can bring what you want.

Some of them ask that you not drink your own at the bar / by the pool, which is understandable... However I've found that some places look the other way, when you're spending money at their bar and tipping well.

Administrator

User Info Menu

We have seen about everything down here. Harry is correct, you can bring booze into your room without issue - Coco has fridges in the rooms, so that would seem to back up that concept.

As for bringing "your own drinks" to any bar is in general frowned upon. Same with bringing food to a restaurant, just not a really proper thing to do. But also as Harry says, it is fine with some places. For instance, if you are a Tito's Vodka fan, you are unlikely to find that at most bars. So just let the bartender know that you would like to have your Tito's, and you will buy the glass and mixer from them.

Same would go for a Budwiser drinker, you can stock up at Mega Mart (or HiLo) and then ask the bartender if they dont mind if you drink them instead of the local brews. You can even ask them to store the Buds in their fridge and then order them and tip the bartender for their service. These are the best ways to drink what you want when the bar doesnt have it in stock.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Trust me, lots of folks bring in there own booze in there room, the big thing is to make sure that you still patronize the place you stay at by buying some cocktails at your place, and tip the bartenders !!!! All those 'bubba jugs '' you see people walking around with do not have kool aid in them !!!

User Info Menu

What I found, after staying at Seastar and eating and drinking at their bar and restaurant, they didn't seem to mind if I came from my room to the pool with my own beer... Then when it was done, I'd order from the bar. Also, when we stay at Catcha, we tend to eat a couple meals at the restaurant, and have drinks at the bar... they never bothered me when I walked out to the cliffs or sat in the pool with my own Red Stripe, or when I went back to the room to get a 2nd or 3rd when hanging out on their property, but not in the bar. Same at Travellers and at Treehouse, no one ever hassled me for bringing my own beers out to the beach while sitting in their lounge chairs.

User Info Menu

Coco does not have a problem with it. We always bring our own and take the cooler to our beach chairs every day. The staff is cool about filling it with ice, too. We still buy plenty from the bar so it's never a problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    What I found, after staying at Seastar and eating and drinking at their bar and restaurant, they didn't seem to mind if I came from my room to the pool with my own beer... Then when it was done, I'd order from the bar. Also, when we stay at Catcha, we tend to eat a couple meals at the restaurant, and have drinks at the bar... they never bothered me when I walked out to the cliffs or sat in the pool with my own Red Stripe, or when I went back to the room to get a 2nd or 3rd when hanging out on their property, but not in the bar. Same at Travellers and at Treehouse, no one ever hassled me for bringing my own beers out to the beach while sitting in their lounge chairs.
    I stayed at Catcha and had the same experience. We sat on the cliffs and drank our own, no problem, but we did eat at the restaurant and drink at the bar. I really appreciated that and is one reason I plan on going back. Nice that they let you do as you please, within reason. I think that added a lot to the positive atmosphere at the resort.