Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132

Thread: April 2017 Roll call/Boardie Bash !!!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: April 2017 Roll call/Boardie Bash !!!!!!

Back from our latest trip to the rock. I have the post vacation blues now.

As always it was another great trip! We didn't get the chance to attend many of the scheduled events except the Pub Crawl on 4/26. Hi Coloringbook!

Surprisingly our only downer of the trip were the two visits we made to Drifter's. I was really excited to check them out after hearing about the place on the board. We stopped in on Wednesday 4/19 for a drink or two, we got the feeling like we weren't supposed to be there, so we hit the road fairly quickly. We stopped in again on Friday afternoon just before the music was going to start. The owners were very warm and welcoming, but then came the bar staff again. I went up to the bar to get a beer, and she told me no. Ok? I figured maybe they just weren't ready, so I sat back down, and then about 15 minutes later I watched another guy go up to the bar and get a bucket of beers (he appeared to be a regular as the staff/owners knew him). So I went back up to the bar to order a beer, and again the bartender shook her head and told me no. OK? WTH?! (I should note that I was not drunk, etc.. or giving off any other impression that I should not be served - I also saw her refuse another girl who was sitting at the bar) After the second no, we decided to leave. The owners did notice that we were leaving, I said we might be back, knowing that we wouldn't. I'm still scratching my head over this one, but sadly they are off our list to visit again.

We spent some time at Woodstock, great place!!! We also had a few meals at Errol's, watched a waterspout from their deck, that was a pretty cool sight to see!

Finally made it to Best in the West, great food and service!

I noticed this trip that the vendors did not seem as aggressive as in the past, or maybe I am just more laid back about it now? Either way, it was nice, and it was fun interacting with the ones we bought things from.

We walked from Travellers up to Canoe on one of the days for breakfast, I forget which one now, food was excellent!!

We enjoyed our time while staying non-all inclusive for 3 days (our first time doing this in 10 trips) visiting beach bars, etc.. We are still evaluating, but I think we still lean towards staying at an AI but venturing off when we want to. We'll see how I feel when we book our next trip, lol!

Until next time Jamaica. <3
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report Jamerican71, very odd to hear that about Drifter's. Thanks again sorry Negril blues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I thought it was odd too given all of the outstanding reviews. Hoping it was just a one off, but for now it's left a bad impression, getting back on that beach might change my mind in the future though!

I didn't complain while I was there, and I don't plan to give them any poor reviews on TA, or their facebook or anything like that.

User Info Menu

Maybe she was a bad day. IDk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

THAT is weird.

User Info Menu

Jamerican1...is it possible that the beer bucket specials hadn't started yet? I think the specials start around the time the music begins...2 or 3pmish...someone can correct me if I'm wrong please.
    It's too bad you said to the owners "we might be back" instead of telling them why you were leaving...maybe they could have explained what was going on or have corrected the problem if there was one immediately.

User Info Menu

I went back up to the bar after the other guy had gotten a bucket and was told no so I don't think that was the reason.

I just didn't want to complain and make a thing out of it, it was just easier for us to move on and enjoy our day somewhere else. After having visited there a few days prior and having an uncomfortable experience it just didn't seem worth it.

I am sure this is not a normal experience there, and hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else. I found it really odd.

User Info Menu

Jamerican1...I take my hat off to you and applaud you for taking the high road and moving on but what happened was unacceptable...NOW if that was me they would've heard about it...LOL that' just me though
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!