Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renting a scooter

User Info Menu

Renting a scooter

Heading to the cliffs in Nigeria any recommendations on safety , cost ,etc

User Info Menu

Re: Renting a scooter

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut hill View Post
    Heading to the cliffs in Nigeria any recommendations on safety , cost ,etc
    About 9,104 dollars a day in Nigeria. The Naira is about 304 to 1 usd. Scary to drive there due to no drivers Ed whatsoever.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tubes View Post
    About 9,104 dollars a day in Nigeria. The Naira is about 304 to 1 usd. Scary to drive there due to no drivers Ed whatsoever.
    Tubes,

Cut the OP a break. If you have answer post it.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

LOL! Gotta love auto spell check. I had to edit a note on my phone today about 6 times, a person's name kept changing to "Fashion"... (grin)

Chestnut,

There are many people on here who rent scooters and should be able to help out. If you are not an experienced operator, this is not the place to learn. We have seen a lot of road rash over the years. After a short rain the roads can be slick like ice. And of course, wear a helmet should you choose to rent one.

I dont rent (got a car) so there are others more qualified to answer...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Cool! looking to ride from our hotel to local eatery and around the cliffs. not a chance in going down to the beach area that's why there's cabs. I guess spell check changed my post thanks tube for picking that up for me.

User Info Menu

Chesnut,
    I would say to closely observe the road conditions and the way people drive in Jamaica for a couple of days. Then decide if your confidence and driving skills match the challenges of driving a scooter in Negril. If you have any doubt, don't do it. If you do rent a scooter, have fun, but remember to always drive safely.
    As for the cost of renting a scooter, I think $25 or $30 US per day would be about right. The longer you rent, the lower the price should be. Alternatively $25 or $30 a day will pay for a few local cab rides.

User Info Menu

Hire a driver....much more fun and safe and probably not much money. Seriously, why take a chance on an accident or someone running in to you....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Tubes,

Cut the OP a break. If you have answer post it.

Cap
    Ok Cap, will keep it formal and to the point next time. Thank you for reminding me not to have any fun.

User Info Menu

I have rented scooters there several times. It is nice to have your own transportation. Was a bit nervous the first time, but after a few trips it's a lot of fun. Just remember to stay on the left side of the road, and limit your substance consumption! :-)

User Info Menu

I usually rent a scooter for my stay in negril. I always get a really good deal from a friend and dont need a visa or deposit but average price is as mentioned above and you will get a better rate if you rent it for a longer period. Just drive withing your limits and be aware. One thing i do is buy a bracelete from one of the vendors on the beach and put it on my left wrist to remind me of what side of the road i should be driving on. I love having my own transportation to get me to the red dragon for my daily fix of jerk pork on the days they have it and to get me to the canoe bar every morning to go snorkeling. If i know i am going to have than a few beer i leave it parked and find an alternate form of transportation. The roads are dangerous enough without adding alcohol lol. Have fun and be safe