Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Car renters: Chalis?

User Info Menu

Car renters: Chalis?

Hi,

I'm considering renting a car from Chalis in MoBay. I've rented from others in the past (Vernon/Fun H, Island, Sparks) but never from Chalis. Their price is best right now and Island is completely sold out.

Anyone else rented from them and able to share experience, or have a better recommendation?

Thanks!

Liz

User Info Menu

Re: Car renters: Chalis?

We've had two experiences with them and they were very professional in both instances.

User Info Menu

Awesome thank you Lisa!

User Info Menu

We used to rent from them long term off airport but quick ride and we found the most reasonable
    farmer

User Info Menu

No issues? I got a quote, then my confirmation had a totally different (lower) price...and no email confirmation yet. So their web site is a bit off, I'm hoping their in-person service isn't.

I always buy travel insurance from Travelex for cancellation/medical evac etc and this time they are offering an add-on for $50 that gives me CDW...even in Jamaica (I checked). So that makes it very reasonable.

User Info Menu

wow ohliz thats a good deal on insurance we always booked with a world mastercard that included jamaica on the list for cdw People in the office are typical Jamaican but were fair with us
    farmer (on island ! )

User Info Menu

Well still waiting for an email confirmation, booked days ago. I guess I could call but....

User Info Menu

Quite sure most of their cars are left hand drive , or used to be , not a problem if you don't mind driving the ditch ... just something to keep in mind . .... been there , rented from them a few times !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pine tree john View Post
    Quite sure most of their cars are left hand drive , or used to be , not a problem if you don't mind driving the ditch ... just something to keep in mind . .... been there , rented from them a few times !!!
    We've never been offered a left hand vehicle from Chalis...nor did I see any in their car lot.

User Info Menu

my bad ,,,it was Efay . never mind !