Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking in from Travellers

User Info Menu

Re: Checking in from Travellers

When I was last there (2014? 2015? who can remember?) they had it set up as a buffet breakfast, and I didn't have to wear a bracelet. I HATE wearing those. I remember eggs, ackee and saltfish, calaloo, toast, some fruit, porridge, coffee and tea. I don't remember bacon, sausage, etc being on the buffet.

There was definitely ackee and saltfish, I remember very well because I wasn't paying much attention to what I was shovelling into my mouth, and got what was basically an entire scotch bonnet pepper. Hottest thing I've ever eaten, and since I wasn't expecting it it was one hell of a surprise.

User Info Menu

Crusher, bacon was $3us.

Harry, yeah, was expecting the buffet set up too. I can appreciate that they may be trying to cut down on food waste.
    Agree with you on not wanting to wear the bracelet. I cover it up when I leave the property.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-08-2016 at 08:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Walk a few feet and go to Beach House Villas. I had their Jamaican breakfast in May for $5.00. It was great.

User Info Menu

Several places include breakfast in their rate, no BS scenario like this one to deal with. Country Country is a good example and you can get a room there for just north of $100 on occasion using an OTA. Nicer beach and area as well.....

User Info Menu

Not my intention to sully their name, just sharing a funny story.
    I got a great deal on the room, even if there wasn't an egg or two included. ��

User Info Menu

We are staying at Travellers in April. Probably a stupid question, but out of curiosity, can you forgo the bracelet and just pay cash for what you want to eat? I hate wearing those things, and don't like to advertise where I am staying.
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We just put it around our room key and stuck it in my beach bag...never had to wear it. Just showed it for breakfast.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican1 View Post
    We are staying at Travellers in April. Probably a stupid question, but out of curiosity, can you forgo the bracelet and just pay cash for what you want to eat? I hate wearing those things, and don't like to advertise where I am staying.
    Sorry, don't know the ans to this one

User Info Menu

They usually have a Buffet for breakfast incl people.

Weird

User Info Menu

Another chapter from adventures in Travellers breakfast...
    Leaving Travellers today and headed down to Firefly.

Travellers has a $30us fee imposed for "late" checkouts, past the 11 checkout time. Strange how "island time" works in one direction.
    I was not getting hit with that so was up and out by ten. At the front desk, they wanted to cut the breakfast bracelet. I told them I haden't eaten yet. The said today wasn't included. I told them that doesn't make sense. I paid for three nights, should I not get three breakfast? Desk guy looks very puzzled by this logic. So much so that he had to call a manager to ask. The manager gave approval for today's two eggs.

Again, thankful for everything, I'd just rather not have to make a case for things that should be straight forward.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-08-2016 at 08:37 PM.